TM MWS upgrade advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM MWS upgrade advice

I've just picked up a marui m4 gbbr and I love the thing. Out of the box performance is great, but I've noticed it only has a 250mm barrel. I assume this is to keep the power down. Has anyone got any experience, good or bad with a longer aftermarket barrel? Or any other upgrades that have improved on it's already good performance. Only thing I've done is the green gas mod.

Re: TM MWS upgrade advice

Hi, the stock barrel length is absolutely fine, in my MWS i tried a standard length Raven 6.01 and a 370mm Prommy 6.03.

The Raven gave a big improvement in consistency and bumped the FPS up by about 25 on Abbey Predator.
    The Prommy gave no further improvement over the Raven.

The other 2 things that greatly increased accuracy and consistency, especially on single shot were using Geoff 0.4s and a custom Brass concave nub i machined up, if your interested i can supply one.

I also tested alot of buckings and the TM performed best along with the nub, you need the nub to be able to apply enough hop for heavier BB's with most buckings.

Great piece of kit the TM GBBR

Comment

I'd be very interested in a custom nub. Just message me the details and I'll take one. Have you tried uac or maple leaf buckings at all?

I've never used .4's with a 350 fps gun before, but I'll certainly pick up a bag. I know about Geoffs. They are slighting harder than normal bb's so I try to use them with my GBBR's to avoid having them smash themselves to death when chambering. I've got an npas ordered too as it's shooting 356fps at the min. I do love the gun.

Thanks for the advice. Most appreciated

Comment

Instead of an npas use the fg restrictor discs

I used them and found the consistency far better than a npas

Comment

Couldn't get any confirmation if they fit. If that's the case I have one at home (and I've wasted £20 lol) Cheers!

Comment

They can be glued in place which is what I did

Comment

Can be or needs to be to work? How are your mags? Mine piss out when I fill them. All three are like that, where as my WE mags are Silent.

Comment

TM mag fill valves are open, what i mean by that is when you insert your fill nipple and fill the mag with 'gas' which is actually in liquid state, as it fills and the liquid level rises the air/gas that was trapped in there previously has to escape, what is hissing out the top is that expelled air/gas, when the mag is full youll get a frosty liquid suprise!!

Most TM mags have long gas fill tubes inside so dont take much to 'fill' up with liquid, hence the MWS mag mod to allow more liquid to be stored (which expands into the gas we use to fire)

Also the reason why gas guns dont work if you shoot up or down as you are actually trying to fire the BB with liquid!!

WE / KWA etc etc mag fill valves are 'o' ringed, so when you insert the nipple it seals fully, thats why when filling those sort of mags you repeatidly charge the mag/put the nipple in/out so that the trapped air can get out that the gas, or rather liquid is trying to force out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W0lf Find out more about W0lf
                Working...
                X