Having a nightmare with a TM Glock 18c pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a nightmare with a TM Glock 18c pistol

Hi guys I brought a TM Glock 18c pistol used I brought it cheaper as it was not firing correctly.
    It was basically suffering from light strikes.
    I saw a whole bunch of vids on you tube saying that their guns were suffering the same whilst using green gas the vids showed them replacing the hammer spring with a 150% spring and that cured the problems.
    After replacing mine it did not make any improvements, so I stripped the gun again and checked the barrel hop and all the rubbers and it seemed fine.
    So I put it back together and it fired a lot better. But within a mag full of shots it will still light fire a couple of times. Full auto will not work at all, and every now and then I hear gas escaping through the gun whilst not firing. Some will say not to use green gas in the TM18c as it's too powerful and will crack the slide also people use green gas on them with no problems. I have two mags for the pistol and it shoots the same with both mags.
    Also people will use we mags I've tried my we mags and it does not shoot.
    I was wondering if I should upgrade the recoil spring?
    I'm not worried so much about cracking the slide as I'll upgrade it if it needs it I just want to get it shooting again.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    IMG_0252.JPG

Re: Having a nightmare with a TM Glock 18c pistol

the easiest way to tell whats to blame is by using the proper gas. sounds to me like the green gas has too high of a pressure and the hammer can't hit the valve with enough force to let any useful amount of gas out.

Comment

Could you recommend a make of gas that I should be using in the glock?

Comment

Abbey 144a.

Comment

I personally wouldn't use anything other that abby 144a on a stock TM. Any other type of Higher rated green gas like W.E / Nurpol will eventually blow out the slide or rear sight much faster. I only move to those gases once I have swapped out the frame, slide, rear sight and hammer spring, as those are the common failure points.
          Tokyo Marui - Recoil 416
          Full Prometheus Internals --- BTC spectre --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Tokyo Marui - L96 AWS
          Full PDI Internals --- Full Laylax/PDI externals --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Comment

This gas?
            IMG_0297.PNG

Comment

Thats maintenance gas.

Try this : http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/...m#.WW3Ui0e1vmE

- - - Updated - - -

People seem to forget that Light striking is extremely common in the summer as the Heat WILL cause the gas to become much higher pressure. You need to alternate between High pressure in the winter, and low pressure in the hot summer days.
              Tokyo Marui - Recoil 416
              Full Prometheus Internals --- BTC spectre --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Tokyo Marui - L96 AWS
              Full PDI Internals --- Full Laylax/PDI externals --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Comment

Hi Andy,

Hear you're having some issues!

I too found the hammer spring not overly effective also, the extra spring strength also adds to the work load when the slide has to blowback to reset everything, which in turn requires more gas.

I would check the operation of the firing pin by cycling the gun without a mag in so you can look inside the magwell to see the pin fire out.
                Check that the pin does not look overly worn as it is only made from pot metal / soft metal, if it is it will not open the gas exit valve on the mag enough causing a lesser amount of gas to exit, which would be perceived as light firing.

G18s specifically give the hammer / firing pin a hard time for obvious reasons, it's well worth buying an updated one.

Here's a load of info on a previous write up I did, also aim to keep the FPS on 0.2s around or below 300 and it'll be faultless. This as said above will mean you need to change the gas you are using depending on ambient temperature. Abbey green or red are perfect temp depending, you need the lube for the piston lid seal.

http://forum.zeroin.co.uk/showthread...My-experiences

- - - Updated - - -

Also since that write up and much more testing the PDI W-hold and Raven 6.01 barrel are the best performers these days for FPS increase, range, accuracy and gas efficiency

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Andy M Find out more about Andy M
                Working...
                X