Kjw p226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kjw p226

Hi, I have KJW P226 and have had a firing issue from the day I bought it. The gun vents a lot of gas when fired and after approx 6 shots the mag is completely empty of gas. I have 2 genuine KJW mags for the gun and it has the same problem with both mags. At first I put it down to the cold weather as the gun was purchased at the start of winter but when the summer came the gun was still firing the same way. I have never been able to empty a full mag on one charge of gas. I have replaced the loading muzzle with an upgraded one and the piston head which alas has made no difference. The gun has been stripped and cleaned and lubed to no effect. Both mags have upgraded laylax router gaskets but still it persists in venting gas for fun. I have done a bit of internet research and it appears that this seems to be a common issue with this make/model of gun but no one has posted what the fix is. Would love to be able to cure as I like the feel of the gun. So my question is has anybody experienced this issue and know what the fix is for it?. Many thanks in advance

Re: Kjw p226

Only a thought but perhaps the hammer spring is too powerful or the slide spring too powerful. The hammer either allowing too much gas out of the mag or it's not able to begin its journey back from the valve soon enough (in some guns the hammer is brought back from the open valve by the slide)

Comment

Re: Kjw p226

Do you get the same performance if you push the magazine up into the grip? Only ask as i've had similar symptoms develop on a KJW P226 after ~ 2 years that were down to a slightly worn mag catch creating a poor seal between mag rubber and nozzle ( gun/ mags had the same mods you've done bar the loading muzzle, couldn't get a sensible fit on an aftermarket part).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Spartacus1972 Find out more about Spartacus1972
      Working...
      X