AMT Hardballer longslide issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMT Hardballer longslide issues

Hi folks. Been a while since I disassembled a gun, but recently I bought a Mafioso longslide 1911 metal slide and frame set, with the complete parts set and steel bit set to build a complete gun.

I've noticed a couple of issues. I've got a few ideas about what the causes are, but before I start filing away bits of metal, I wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced similar issues with any of their guns and if so, how they resolved them Here are the issues I have.

#1 - The outer barrel is a bit wobbly when the slide is back, and when I angle the gun so the muzzle is facing away from the ground and is angled upwards, the outer barrel will get stuck somewhere in the slide and will cause it to only return to about 95% of where it should travel to. This means I can't put the thumb safety on because the slide is about 2mm too short of where it should be returning to.

Suspected cause: Possibly too much movement on the outer barrel, or something causing it to mis-align when the slide returns forward.

#2 - The hammer assembly is temperamental. Sometimes when I pull the slide back, the hammer will not lock in the full cocked position and will get caught on the back end of the loading nozzle when the slide is returning forward, requiring me to pull the hammer down to allow the slide to return fully forward. It also sometimes seems to get stuck when I pull the trigger, and will release when I'm actually releasing the trigger.

Suspected cause: The cylinder that the hammer is mounted on inside the assembly may be too tight.

Anyone experienced any issues like these?

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
Working...
X