TM TacMaster shots dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM TacMaster shots dropping

Bought a TM Tactical Master (M92) from a member on here and used it in it's first skirmish today.

The shots are all dropping very short barely reaching 20ft-ish - as these are fixed hop I cant adjust that.

Is there anything else I can do/try that would help the range?

Thanks in advance,
    Jon

Trader Rating

Re: TM TacMaster shots dropping

clean the barrel well, what gas are you using? Im using abbey ultra in mine and i can generally reach a decent range although when the gas gets low it stuggles but not as bad as yours.

Comment

will i get told off if i say point i upwards? any way try see if your mag is leaking (slowly) or change gas type
      Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

Just out of interest was it cold out on the day in question?

My Tac Master suffers insanely during cold weather!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I'm using ZeroOne's green gas and none of the mags are leaking that I can tell and it was firing ICS 0.2g bbs

Will try cleaning the barrel although I had cleaned it all up when I first got the gun and has only been fired indoors since.

The other odd thing if it was a dirty barrel or something similar was that although dropping short all the shots were consistently short, so acuracy was good, just the range was appauling.

The weather was varied but it was performing the same when a little chilly and when really quite warm :S

Trader Rating

Comment

Has it been stored with the hammer cocked? Not sure if it'll make a difference on these but on some air rifles/pistols, if they're left cocked whilst in storage it weakens the hammer springs which open the valve under firing.

A weaker spring won't open the valve as much, therefore less gas released and a less powerful shot!

Again, I'm purely throwing ideas about but it definately sounds like a possibility to me.

Comment

Did you ever get this problem sorted?
              My M9 TacMaster has great range, hits things at 50 yards no problem. Maybe there is a seal that needs lubricating somewhere?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JC5IVE Find out more about JC5IVE
              Working...
              X