Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas cocktail

Hi
    anybody out there tried mixing differnt gasses in a pistol mag to try to improve performance, eg shot of red gas with 134 with a shot of maintenance gas to get maximum power without blowing mag apart
    sigpic
    Dboys mk12 mod 01
    glock 17

Re: gas cocktail

Why would you mix gasses? They are all propane just with differing amounts of silicone in the mix.

This is common knowledge for anyone that has airsofted for longer than a couple of months.

134a has the most silicon (weakest gas)
    Ultra has a bit more
    Green has the least (most powerful but still has silicon in so is good for your magazines and seals)
    Red gas is just pure propane (if used without silicon you will more than likely kill your mag after a few uses)

CO2 is also another option but only to be used in suitable guns or using a co2 regulator to fill it at a low pressure. (also needs silicon in mags to ensure seals dont dry out)

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

no, not new to airsoft just gbb
      sigpic
      Dboys mk12 mod 01
      glock 17

Comment

Well you can mix the gasses but chances are it will weaken not bump up fps due to mixing amounts of silicon.

Summer, use ultra, winter use green (based on a plastic slide) every couple of months give the seals etc a good soaking in silicon to keep them good.

Comment

wise words airbos thanks
          sigpic
          Dboys mk12 mod 01
          glock 17

Comment

no worries, and if you have a metal slide you can use green all summer long! I generally do as i love the recoil noise of full metal pistols on green with upgraded recoil springs and engine.

Comment

Whoever told you 134a is propane should have a finger waved in a menacing mannor at them. It's actually a form of tetrafluoroethane, or CH2FCF3. Not really sure what the A is about. But in computer systems and other refridgerant uses it's called R-134a. Propane on the other hand is C3H8. They're very different beasts. I've no idea what abby ultra is.

Anyway. Mixing gasses would result in you wasting gas. That's the long and short of it. Depending on the mag, and the order in which you put the gas' into the mag, you're either going to end up with the second gas just not going into the mag, or the second gas forcing the first gas out. Thing to remember, is your gasses are stored as a liquid. There's only so much liquid that can fit in a mag, once it's full, it's full. Anything extra, will just come strait back out the nozzle you're filling it from.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Donkey Find out more about Donkey
              Working...
              X