Leaking Gas Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Gas Magazines

What do people use to solve the problem of leaky magazines, gun oil or lubricant etc on the vales and o-rings?
    Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
    There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
    sigpic

Re: Leaking Gas Magazines

silicone lube, and instant gasket

Comment

Hope and prayers mate

just kidding.

in my opinion it depends where the leak is coming from and sometimes it cant be fixed with just a lube soak.

But the best way to fixy fix is to soak the valve in a bath of lube over night, do it to both valves to be safe.

Comment

Cheers guys, have a couple of USP compacts and only two mags that work, took the valves out yesterday and gave em a squirt of lube, but bathing them like you say Ltpurcy sounds like the answer
        Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
        There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
        sigpic

Comment

Yep give it a good soak, let em replenish.

if that doesnt work then put it in some water with gas in and see where the leak is coming from via the bubbles, if its still the valves you ll need to replace them, if it somehow is coming out the side of the magazine or something lol youll need some builders filler! lol

Comment

A good permanent fix is use plumbers ptfe tape i use it on all mine as soon as I get leak. You can also, as Hunter says, use instant gasket from halfords. Bit messy, but once done, again, it's permanent.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

where do you put the ptfe tape fox? I'd rather give that a go first before I start with the gasket sealant. cheers
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

i've got two leaky mags. One needs a new o ring on the valve i think and the other is having gas leak out from the gap between the area where the two bits come apart.
                The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

RTV Instant Gasket, always served me well :D

Find the leak, and draw on a new seal!

Comment

I always just shove my pistol mags down my pants to warm them up, then fill em up and im good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                      RTV Instant Gasket, always served me well :D

Find the leak, and draw on a new seal!
                      so that should hopefully stop the mag leaking from the bottom of it then?
                      The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Yeah, let the gas out. Remove pins, and take off base plate. Use the instant gasket to draw a new one, let it set 10 mins, reassemble - job done!

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                          where do you put the ptfe tape fox? I'd rather give that a go first before I start with the gasket sealant. cheers
                          When used in plumbing applications the PTFE "Plastic Tape For Everything" (not) is wound around the threads on the male fitting, which in this case would be the valve I guess. When the fitting is then turned into place the friction causes the tape to turn almost solid (not sure but I think vulcanises is the term) forming a seal which will hold up to pretty high pressures. It's used on natural gas pipework so should be good for your mags, but could be worth getting the gas-grade tape, rather than standard plumbing-grade. Just might be a bit tricky to get right as the valves are probably quite small (never taken one out myself); having said that, you get as many goes as you want, because the tape does not set.
                          Don't try to run, cos I have 120 little friends, and they can all run faster than you...

Comment

Be careful when applying ptfe. Not long ago I snapped a gbbr mag valve because I turned it a little too far and the ptfe had tightened the fit more than I expected.
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Q Find out more about Q
                            Working...
                            X