Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What is that bump at the rear of the slide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is that bump at the rear of the slide?

Hi everyone, probably a silly question - Whats the bump at the rear of the blowback section?

That silver part just above the blowback engine, (Not defiantly sure thats the correct name...)- Is it to manually cock the hammer after every shot? Or does it even serve a purpose?

Cheers in advance.

Re: What is that bump at the rear of the slide?

It is to cock the hammer after every shot. Well done. If you find this is causing a problem, such as the hammer catching on that part, it's more likely the sear of the hammer is worn down too much, causing the hammer to sit higher than it should, and jam into this part. This part should be left as it is.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

What happens if the problem above persists?
      Got a baby hi capa 3.8, fired it with some rounds today, and sometimes recoil would be smooth, others it would catch on that... ;(
      "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

If the problem causes the gun to become practicaly unuseable, replace the hammer and/or sear. I'm not sure which part causes the problem to be honest. But the problem is deinately because the hammer sits higher, nothing else. The WE is made of poor metals. It wears kinda quickly. If you change it for a better quality parts, it shoudln't cause any problems for a while.
        sigpic

Comment

More money out of pocket then... already broke...
          "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

i've noticed this to be causing problems with my we 1911 as it cycles, sometimes or perhaps most times the blowback fails to push the slide all the way back as it fails to get past that bump and then obviously fails in making the slide lock back on the final shot, that is if it makes it too the last shot which it rarely does! my we1911 is terrible, cant work out whats up with stupid thing!
            sigpic

Comment

WE 1911s are terrible. Buy cheap, buy twice.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
                WE 1911s are terrible. Buy cheap, buy twice.
                ive NEVER had a problem with my WE 1911, a very well used gun and all stock!
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Parky
                Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
                Working...
                X