Collapse

we m16/m4/scar leaky magazines? fixes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we m16/m4/scar leaky magazines? fixes?

hi has anyone got any quick fixes? parts available? help?

on repairing leaky 30rnd leaky we green gas mags or do you simply throw them away?

Also how the f*ck do you get them apart, im able to remove it from the outer case and am able to unscrew the bottom valve, other than than im clueless how to get into the thing further without damaging it,

please help!

cheers tom

Re: we m16/m4/scar leaky magazines? fixes?

The most common leaks I've had is the bottom and top valve. I've got one mag that popped the gasket which I can't figure out how to fix so I'm chucking that one.

Don't worry about removing the part where the bb's load. The top valve you'll need a flat head with a gap in the middle for the pin. I couldn't find one at the h/w store so made one out of one of those things you hold on to when eating corn on the cobb :D

Once you get these valves out, either take the o-rings off or soak the entire thing in silicone oil for a couple of hours. If you have 100 weight silicon grease even better. Apply some of that to the o-rings and threads and pop the valve back in.

After that, put some gas in. You'll probly still hear some leaks but that should go away once the o-rings settle. Fire off a couple of dry shots and listen again. You should also consider using propane instead of green. You don't need to have silicone running thru the mag and gun whenever you use it. Your hop-up will just get lubed all the time and not work at all. you only need to lube every 10 to 20 mags from what I've read.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kernowTHUNDER 23, just getting into airsoft... Find out more about kernowTHUNDER
    Working...
    X