Hi Capa 3.8 Mag Has Destoroyed Itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Capa 3.8 Mag Has Destoroyed Itself

Finnaly managed to get some gas today as well as some bb's as my brother has been nagging me to have a go with my we hi capa. Got home, filled the mag up with bbs in anticipation, and tried to fill it with gas... Nothing, all that it did was give me a seriously cold crotch from where the gas had come out one end, only to come straight out of the other!
    Not good...
    I've checked that the bottle was upright, as was the mag. I followed the instructions in the owners manual countless times, yet still it spews out...

Anyone got any ideas? Already ordering two more mags from a rather helpful fellow off the forums.
    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Re: Hi Capa 3.8 Mag Has Destoroyed Itself

its a leaking mag mate, spray some silicone in the top of the mag and the bottom and leave it overnight and let the seals expand, or which ive found to work better is leave the mag in warm wwater for 10 mins the dry it and try again

Comment

leave the entire mag in warm water? :S
      Wouldnt that drown it?

And have no silicone atm... need to go to halfords!
      "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

try soaking the seals in power steering fluid overnight. Fattens the seals up lovely, have fixed loads of mags like that. Don't leave for too long tho or it will enlarge the seals too much and they wont fit.

Comment

Would try that, but their is one problem... its my first gbb, and i really dont know how to take the thing apart! i can get the gun apart ok, but mags are a big no no... may try the silicone or warm water approach first.
          How hot shold the water be then? and how long left?
          IE: Would boiling water make it worse, and would a night in an airing cupboard be enough?

Comment

just warm water mate not boiling tbh mate i just wiped mine down with a rag and used it about 5 mins later, no problems just fill it up then press the release valve (back of mag) it will get all the water out

Comment

Sorted will give that a try!
              So, warm water (from tap i geuss?)... OH! i live in an area with limescale, problematic?
              Then ill fill it, and see what happens!

oh, nearly forgot!
              Fully submerged i geuss?

Comment

Originally posted by Raguri View Post
                Sorted will give that a try!
                So, warm water (from tap i geuss?)... OH! i live in an area with limescale, problematic?
                Then ill fill it, and see what happens!

oh, nearly forgot!
                Fully submerged i geuss?
                yup just from a tap wwould be fine, just leave it for 10 mins wipe it down, see if it now fills (if it does) fill it, push the release valve when gassed up (will expell al the water) then your ready to have fun and shoot :D and limescale shouldent be a problem

Comment

Thanks alot! will try that now

Comment

those two mags your after are sitting on my desk,with gas inside and not a hiss.....
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Before drowning it etc.... make sure the valves are done up tight :D

Comment

Will pp u tomorrow. All attempts failed on it. Wanted more anyway, this one is now my test subject for taking apart!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raguri 5 years off, now looking at finally dusting off the ol' girl and getting some games in. Find out more about Raguri
                        Working...
                        X