P226 metal kit fitting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P226 metal kit fitting.

Reet! Basically ive just been given a RS M6 flashlight from a friend in a certain police service and for some reason its really loose on the standard plastic rail on my TM P226R, so...... i have decided after much ooming and aahing that this is the excuse i need to fit a metal body kit to it. So im askin if anyone that has done this to post a guide on how to do it. Im confident with AEGs and NBBs but not GBB pistols. Thanks very much.
    sigpic

Re: P226 metal kit fitting.

Umm... never done it fully before. But i geuss you just have to gut the entire gun, which is a pain!
    Then remove the grip by undoing it.
    And place the gutted internals into the new grip,
    and reverse.

Or give it to a professional xD
    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Yeah i can do the top slide thats a piece of piss, but the frame looks a bit tricky, ive had the grips off and removed a few parts just to see but dont want to go too far until it the kit arrives.
      sigpic

Comment

How well it fits depends largely on what make the kit is.

Some fit with a minimum of trouble, but some are a right pain in the ar*e and need a ton of filing 'n fitting. The kit I fitted to my M9 never did work right.

You may also need to change the recoil spring and/or hammer spring to make it function well.
        Don't tell the wife...

Comment

Im well aware of all this, and have got hi-flow valves and recoil springs coming but i need to now HOW to fit it not WHAT to fit with it.
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry Arnie, just trying to help...

Did one of these about 3 years back with a Guarder body (I think!). If I remember right, the trigger group and hammer groups come as drop in assemblies meaning you don't have to do major strip downs like the TM M9's. It's pretty straight forward really.
            Don't tell the wife...

Comment

Gucci. Good to know. Didnt mean that to come across as sharp as it looked mate,sorry. Technology aint that good eh? lol!
              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Arnie013 Find out more about Arnie013
              Working...
              X