Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM glock 26 advance

hey
    i have a TM G26A as it says in the title. Just wandering what kind of holster i could get for it as all the regular glock holsters wont fit it, plus i would like to put a tac light on the bottom so the fobus ones are out the question anyway.

Also. I have read that this glock should not be run on gas but then i have also heard that people use green gas in it with no problems, im using ultra air power gas atm.

thanks guys

Re: TM glock 26 advance

sorry it should say "green gas" not just "gas"

Comment

guys? i have a game this weekend and need to know about the gas, i have a holster sorted now

Comment

I have run mine fine on Abbey 134a gas. Wouldnt want to risk Green gas as of the ABS slide.
        Holster wise I have a laser on the bottom of mine and have an adjustable Viper one which does a grand job!

Comment

No expert but i've never had a problem running a tm on green before. People say you shouldn't because of the plastic slide but i've never had a problem or experienced anyone else having a problem due to this. TM's are well made, if it was me i'd go for it.

Comment

Abbey 134a or any 134a, it self destructs on green.

Comment

would it be alright for just one day? it is obviously only a side arm so it wont see a huge amount of use anyway. Also so that it can handle green do i need to change the recoil spring?

Comment

I always laugh at those people who complain about the use of Green Gas and Propane on guns with plastic slides... It's incredible. It's the same as people being scared of lipo's because they blow up. There's not a problem (with either gas or lipo's!)

Don't believe all of the rubbish you hear and read, try for yourself. It's not like everybody believes what's written in newspapers, is it?

In all of my experiences with Propane, I've not had a single gun fail on me that's fitted with a plastic slide. Nor have I ever experienced any adverse effects. If you're going to be running Green or PP, make sure the gun is well maintained with the correct amounts of lube etc.

Honestly, forget these silly myths and go for it.

Although just an addition, with some/ most of the TM magazines, they're not rated for Green Gas, so the seals will be bust after a hundred or so rounds. Just means more maintenance, but with a GBB, that should be part of your end of skirmish checks anyway!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by k.a View Post
                  personally ive not experianced that, ive got a TM M911a1 and all i use is green gas in it.

ive tried putting 134a gas and it just feels sluggish and wimpy.
                  The ABS slide has no visible damage and works a treat every time.

for a note the previous owner also only used green gas & ultra gas.

I cant comment on glocks but i would assume its not that much different.

Comment

Originally posted by k.a View Post
                    personally ive not experianced that, ive got a TM M911a1 and all i use is green gas in it.

ive tried putting 134a gas and it just feels sluggish and wimpy.
                    The ABS slide has no visible damage and works a treat every time.

for a note the previous owner also only used green gas & ultra gas.

I cant comment on glocks but i would assume its not that much different.

Comment

I'm using Ultra on my TM Glock.

Gives a nice kick, and should be a little less harsh on the slide.

End of the day it's a pistol. Average range of the enemy is going to be under 10m, you don't need the power to blow people away.

Comment

I always laugh at those people who complain about the use of Green Gas and Propane on guns with plastic slides... It's incredible. It's the same as people being scared of lipo's because they blow up. There's not a problem (with either gas or lipo's!)

Don't believe all of the rubbish you hear and read, try for yourself. It's not like everybody believes what's written in newspapers, is it?

In all of my experiences with Propane, I've not had a single gun fail on me that's fitted with a plastic slide. Nor have I ever experienced any adverse effects. If you're going to be running Green or PP, make sure the gun is well maintained with the correct amounts of lube etc.

Honestly, forget these silly myths and go for it.

Although just an addition, with some/ most of the TM magazines, they're not rated for Green Gas, so the seals will be bust after a hundred or so rounds. Just means more maintenance, but with a GBB, that should be part of your end of skirmish checks anyway!
                        My slide cracked in 3 bits using Ultra on a hot day. The Glock 26 slide is VERY thin, and isnt reinforced like on ther TMs.

Comment

My slide cracked in 3 bits using Ultra on a hot day.
                          And NI-MH batteries can catch fire as easily as lipos.

I wasn't suggesting the impossibility of a slide actually cracking, I was simply saying that the rumours about Propane/ Green Gas are all rubbish - when one says "it's going to crack the slide" etc. As proven, a slide can crack using any type of gas, in any weather condition!

If you'd like me to, I can do a video of my KSC Glock 18C (plastic all round) firing 3 mags, all blank firing, using propane. I'm also told that the weather here is going to be getting better for the weekend.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

The only problems I've had with propane and plastic slides is full auto weps like a 23f. Your 26 will be fine.
                            sigpic

G&G M16/M4 variant upper body wanted: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...890#post917890

Comment

thanks for the help guys
                              when you say very thing, mine is actually quite thick, not sure if you are using a different version of the 26

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JapaneseWookie Find out more about JapaneseWookie
                              Working...
                              X