WE 1911A1 misfiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE 1911A1 misfiring

My gas blowback WE 1911A1 has recently started to misfire every 2-3 shots. It can't be the magazines because it happens with both of them. If someone could offer me some advice on how to fix the problem that would be great otherwise i'll give it to Neal next GZW.

Re: WE 1911A1 misfiring

Missfire as in what? fails to feed a BB? fails to cycle properly? Vents gas? Double feeds?

Comment

Fails to feed the bb. It fires one or two then doesn't fire for another one-three shots.

Comment

Does it go into slide lock when the last round is fired? What gas are you using? Is the action hard and crisp or sluggish?

It sounds like there may be grit in the BB pipe(s). I know having two magazines do the same thing makes it seem less likely, but I store all my mags in the same place, so if they get dirty, they all get dirty.

Either that, or there my be a problem with the nozzle. I'm guessing grit though.

Comment

Weathers crap? If it fires then doesnt im guessing its cooldown

Comment

Weather is a bit crap actually. I assume cooldown means that the gas is too cold?
            Also, Majorlandmark, how would you go about cleaning the bb pipe?

Comment

Well first off, take all the BBs out of the magazine. If you now pull the BB follower all the way to the bottom, and gently take it back up to the top. If it sticks, or feels rough, then it probably needs cleaning.

If you decide it needs cleaning, the best way to do it is to do the following.

Remove BBs and Gas (vital)
              pop the pin out at the top of the magazine, and remove the magazine jaw (the plastic bit that sticks up at the top). This will result in the BB follower and spring coming out (might go flying if you aren't careful, so keep an eye out for that).
              Now you can insert a cleaning rod with a lubed bit of kitchen paper/ tissue through it down into the bb tube, exactly the way you would clean a barrel.
              To make it easier and more thorough, you can also remove the two pins from the bottom end of the magazine, and take the base plate off. This way you can clean the tube through and through.

You may find your accuracy is impacted a little afterwards from lube residue getting onto the BBs, but as long as you dont over do it, it wont last long.

Hope that helps.

As for cooldown, that is what occurs normally when you fire a gas blowback. Due to the laws of thermodynamics (woo) when the compressed gas expands (firing the BB out the front and pushing the slide to the rear) it also reduces the temperature of the gas. This causes the magazine and other parts of the gun to get colder. As the magazine gets colder, the gas inside gets colder too, meaning it will not expand as rapidly when you fire the next shot.

This is not normally a problem except with extensive use, and in cold weather. When its colder out, it takes longer for the gas in the mag to warm back up between shots, so cooldown is more apparent.

I didn't mention it up to this point, but I did ask what gas you were using, and how well the slide was cycling. Low power gas/ hard recoil springs/ metal slides all exentuate cooldown problems. Having sluggish blowback, and not locking back at the end of a mag (as I asked) are all symptoms of cooldown.

Comment

Thanks for your help :D

Comment

You might see an improvement in cycling by putting a dab of lube (lithium grease or similar, not WD40) onto the rails of the slide/frame. If they are a bit dry the friction will slow the action down and use up more gas.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

callumt29 Find out more about callumt29
                  Working...
                  X