Propane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane

Hey all i have purchased a propane adapter & some colemans propane (black 465g one)

i was woundering if anyone knows how long a standard 465g propane tank will last i.e how many mags etc,

and does anyone notice better performance etc from using propane?

Cheers
    Lots Of Inert Ammo For Sale - PM For Details

Re: Propane

Propane is basically the same as green gas, the only real difference is that green gas has silicone added to it so your seals dont dry out.

Be aware you wont be able to use it at any of the ground zero sites because they want your money to buy thier green gas... oh sorry I mean "its not safe"

Dont know how long it will last, as most airsoft gas bottles come in ml rather than g, but Id imagein quite a lot!

Also seeing as it doesnt have any silicone in it, regular use of maintainance gas or silicone on the seals is essential to stop mags from leaking!

Comment

yeah defo lol.

Well i only have it mainly for one of my guns it doesnt like anything other than propane for some reason.

& i got some silicone with it so i keep on top of that

Comment

Number of gas mag refills:- 1.5x that of a Green Gas bottle.

Also sock, for future purposes, there's an ebay shop/ seller who does 2 of the Coleman cans for £10.90 posted.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

^^What he said, I noticed about 50% more shots from a can of propane than green gas when I made the switch.

Comment

I havent actualy measured it but gaffa is about right, i seemed to run out of green in no time at all but the propane just goes on and on and on.
            Wonder what happens at gz sites if you simply fill all gas mags before arrival ie no propane bottles actualy on site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jesus didnt realise you get that many and gaffa just seen that on ebay im gonna order a couple of them should last a while.

I brought about an hour ago 2 of them for £12.99 from a local outdoor shop.

Does anyone notice a rise in the performance using propane at all?

Cheers

Comment

Yep, around 30fps increase. I wrote a review on our team's forums:

From "DT3 Forum Page"

"Performance in my KSC Glock 18C went up to around 320fps (a 20fps increase) in 20c weather, from 240fps in my Tanaka P229 to 290 (same conditions) and my TM 5-7 shoots at around 330fps with propane - I didn't have any green gas to test in the 5-7 unfortunately. "

From green gas.If you're using a S7 Mac11, then you won't be able to use propane in warm temps - around 400fps!

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by sockmonster View Post
                  Jesus didnt realise you get that many and gaffa just seen that on ebay im gonna order a couple of them should last a while.

I brought about an hour ago 2 of them for £12.99 from a local outdoor shop.

Does anyone notice a rise in the performance using propane at all?

Cheers
                  I got 4 bottles off the bay only just finished off the second bottle.
                  No reason for me to ever use green again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Quote: I got 4 bottles off the bay only just finished off the second bottle.

& how long did that last? lol.

Gaffa, do you find that they cycle better too? the fps increase is good, from everything ive read everyone just says "its just green gas, minus silicone"

Cheers

Comment

Well i have 3 pistols each with two mags and a gas grenade.
                      About 4 months of on off skirmishing and a little plinking too.
                      And yes it has been well documented that propane is pretty much the same make up as green as you say just without the silicone oil.

Comment

Cycling and blowback is a lot more crisp, yes.

Comment

so one please pm me about a propane adapter . be good as i run a we1911
                          also is it safe to use on plastic pistols ?

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sockmonster Find out more about sockmonster
                          Working...
                          X