Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE MEU slide/cycling problem

Hi guys,
    Ive just brought my first ever GBB pistol - a WE 1911 meu Full Metal and I'm a bit lost when it comes to GBB's. The guy who's sold it to me says i need to replace the spring in the gas block as the slide doesn't cycle all the way back after a few rounds.

If anyone can give me advice on how to locate it and replace it, and what the part name is that would be great. I cant seem to find the part online.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Shawzy
    sigpic

more feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19678

Re: WE MEU slide/cycling problem

Hi,
    I would really recommend that you get someone who knows the inner workings of a gbb pistol have a look at it. The person who sod it to you may be wrong or telling fibs. It`s a shame you don`t live near me in Telford, as I have been repairing firearms/airguns/airsoft for many years , ( although I have now retired),and could have sorted it for you. Ask at your local skirmish site or airsoft shop if anyone can take a look for you.
    If you are not familiar with the inner workings then you could do more harm than good by tinkering yourself. Also if the blowback unit valve spring is broken then how come it only works/fails after a few shots.. it either works or doesn`t. sounds more like a magazine problem to me. See if you can borrow another mag to try so that you can elliminate that. ??
    flatrajectory

Comment

Thanks flatrajectory, if anyone else has any idea's please tell me know. Cheers
      sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

Right the little spring in the block back unit wont cause it not to cycle properly plus its very hard to damage that spring i know i have.

Few Question what gas you using ?. Also when you mean "slide doesn't cycle all the way back after a few rounds" does it seem to jam when returning after firing ?

Comment

Right then I've done a few tests..
          I'm using green gas, I load the mag, do the norm, i get about 5 or 6 rounds out until nothing comes out and the hammer locks half way back and it won't shoot.
          So i have to re-cock it, it shoots a single shot and the hammer locks half way again. I have to do this hammer lock, every shot until there is no rounds left in the mag. Also when the mags empty the slide doesn't lock back like it should.

Please help!
          sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by flatrajectory View Post
            Hi,
            I would really recommend that you get someone who knows the inner workings of a gbb pistol have a look at it. The person who sod it to you may be wrong or telling fibs. It`s a shame you don`t live near me in Telford, as I have been repairing firearms/airguns/airsoft for many years , ( although I have now retired),and could have sorted it for you. Ask at your local skirmish site or airsoft shop if anyone can take a look for you.
            If you are not familiar with the inner workings then you could do more harm than good by tinkering yourself. Also if the blowback unit valve spring is broken then how come it only works/fails after a few shots.. it either works or doesn`t. sounds more like a magazine problem to me. See if you can borrow another mag to try so that you can elliminate that. ??
            flatrajectory
            I use two mags and it happens on both? I'm currently trying out adjusting the centre prong on the leaf spring, see if that works. Its frustrating it doesn't fire properly.
            sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

to me it sounds like a sear problem with it stopping on the 1st notch on the hammer but the best way to do test i find is to remove the recoil spring and guide you can pull the slide back and feel the resistance alot more than with it on
              check the play of the gbb chamber is it free and moving its full length
              is there any damage to the slide were the hammer comes in to contact

Comment

WE metal pistols drain gas pretty quickly, especially if the gun uses single stack mags. If it's not particularly warm, you may struggle to get more than 7 rounds off with one gas fill. I know mine does.

This problem will be proliferated if the slide isn't lubricated.

If you are comfortable with removing the slide, do so, and check that the inner workings and slide/frame interface seem to be clean and free from grit or dirt. Also note if they are lubricated. If it's bone dry, that's likely the issue.

You'd be surprised how many GBB pistol problems are rectified with decent lubrication.

At the end of the day though, don't expect massive things from WE single stack mags, especially if it is chilly. Mine only just clears an entire mag at about 25C ambient temperature.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, the thing is its not the slide that lock its mainly the hammer that I have to recock.

Yeah the weather hasn't been to great lately but the guy I bought it off said it been happening with him. He reckoned the spring in the gas block had gone or something, but as someones already mentioned it still works for the first few shots?
                  sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by shawzy View Post
                    Thanks for the advice, the thing is its not the slide that lock its mainly the hammer that I have to recock.

Yeah the weather hasn't been to great lately but the guy I bought it off said it been happening with him. He reckoned the spring in the gas block had gone or something, but as someones already mentioned it still works for the first few shots?
                    Mine occasionally catches on the underside of the frame...

Comment

where do you mean mate? Like on the underside of the slide catches on the hammer or the slide catches on the frame?
                      sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by shawzy View Post
                        where do you mean mate? Like on the underside of the slide catches on the hammer or the slide catches on the frame?
                        The hammer sometimes catches on the underside of the slide...

Comment

No its not that, the slide works okay, its just the hammer really, it does cock fully back so it wont shoot, therefore I have to pull the slide back or pull the hammer all the way back for it to shoot again!
                          sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shawzy Find out more about shawzy
                          Working...
                          X