Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka M700 to TM VSR conversion kit & barrel advice

Hi everyone,

I've recently got hold of a Tanaka M700 and the conversion kit to allow me to change the inners of the gun so I can use VSR barrels and hop rubbers.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this before and can give me any advice on:

1- The process for installing the conversion kit into the M700

2- What type of barrel is best ? Are there any types of barrel that dont like the conversion kit and wont sit properly or any issues like that ?

Ta, FL
    It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Re: Tanaka M700 to TM VSR conversion kit & barrel advice

You're after a 555/554mm barrel or any make. The hop rubber can give problems. Don't go for anything like the firefly rubber, with the 2 prongs. For some reason, it doesn't work with the metal bar pushing down upon it. You'll just want a normal looking hop rubber. I don't think the KM ones work to well either.

Installing it is pretty simple, the instructions are good enough for the most part. Only thing you can really have problems with, is getting the old nozzle out. I found it easiest if you push it out from the other side. Open the bolt up, and push it through with an allen key. It will need hammering. Putting the new one in isn't that hard, just try to keep it strait. Again, it will need hammering. They give you a little metal push, to protect the nozzle from damage, and give you a nice wide target. Use it.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't aware I'd have to open the PCS bolt up to fit this though, that makes me that little less confident in doing it now !!
      It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

Comment

You don't have to, you can just rip the old nozzle off with a pair of pliers if you want. But I found it easier to hammer it out from the other end. I was trying to preserve my nozzle, just in case. Opening the bolt really isn't hard. There's 2 flat head screws about the middle of the bottom. Hold the thing tight together, because once you remove those screws, the spring will want to push it apart. Then once it's in 2 pieces, undo the little grub screw near the PCS screw, take the PCS screw out, and then take out the black plastic doughnut. Then you can push an allen key into the back of the nozzle, and hammer it through. It's all simple stuff really.

You'll probably find once you've installed it, no matter how strait you think you got the new nozzle, it'll rub a little bit against the chamber. If it's not making the bolt jump when you cock it, don't worry. It'll settle down after a few hundred cycles of the bolt, and it wont damage anything.

There's really nothing to worry about, I've installed 2, and it couldn't have been much easier. Such a benefit as well. Gives very good results.
        sigpic

Comment

Best upgrade you can buy for the tanakas

Barrels , having installed two differing 555mm barrels the laylax 6.03 and the pdi 6.05 theres nothing between them in terms of accuracy , and imho there both better than any 6.01 inner

The nozzle is a simple pull old one out , hammer new one in (just make sure its straight first time

Buckings
          Ive fitted the king arms airseal ,it was rubbish

Ive fitted 4 9ball purple buckings , 3 were on the forth ripped and has been swaped out

Ive fitted a firefly hard 2 pronged bucking , and i wish id fitted this first off ,its awesome same 2 foot target at 87 metres on colman propane and gaurder .4 g bbs

Comment

Originally posted by Ovany View Post
            Best upgrade you can buy for the tanakas

Barrels , having installed two differing 555mm barrels the laylax 6.03 and the pdi 6.05 theres nothing between them in terms of accuracy , and imho there both better than any 6.01 inner

The nozzle is a simple pull old one out , hammer new one in (just make sure its straight first time

Buckings
            Ive fitted the king arms airseal ,it was rubbish

Ive fitted 4 9ball purple buckings , 3 were on the forth ripped and has been swaped out

Ive fitted a firefly hard 2 pronged bucking , and i wish id fitted this first off ,its awesome same 2 foot target at 87 metres on colman propane and gaurder .4 g bbs
            Interesting to hear you had good results with the firefly. Just checked and I'm actually running a KM in mine, and I know it's better than the Systema and Nineball offerings. I've heard so often on another forum that the firefly one just didn't seem to work in these guns. Maby I should try it for myself.
            sigpic

Comment

Tbh the nineballs are good with a great airseal ,but i found the compound to thin to take the heavier bb at the fps the tanaka puts out ( lets just say lots of fps )
              The king arms i wouldnt touch simply put

Fourleaf if you lived near Manchester i would offer guidence in the fitting over abrew if you like , im sure Greg Burton on here may vouch for my previous works or bitchtits on ukasf

Comment

I'm in Liverpool matey, so not far from Manc at all

Greg has helped me alot with getting things sorted, it was his old rifle I bought. He recommended getting the nine ball rubbers along with a few other other things, so I'll get betting everything together before I start work on the rifle, wont to do it all in one, rather than stripping it over and over.

Comment

are you on about the PAX hop unit conversion kit or another one mate

and as been explained above , all pretty simple to use ,

i used the nineball hop rubber with great effect in my m700 , tried a edgi .04 barrel compared to the pdi.05 and notice a tiny difference in performance and stuck with the pdi ,

i felt the overall performance and effectiveness of the barrel/hop rubber was perfect for the job in hand and was happy with the results ,

Comment

Good oh Fourleaf you wont regret this conversion , and as for greg he bought my aics after selling his old one , his now has more than just the conversion fitted

Comment

Yeah he showed me the specs of his rifle, very impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Four Leaf View Post
                        Greg has helped me alot with getting things sorted, it was his old rifle I bought.
                        aww, you say the nicest things
                        trader rating

Comment

How could I add silencer adapter? The 555mm 6.01 tbb by PDI comes short and it doesn't reach the adapter! I want so I can fit again my Guarder flash hider cause the AICS looks a bit short if you put on it a 4-12x50 scope and the flash hidder adds a bit to the overal lengh.

Asahi WA2000
                          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

G&G heavy outer barrel. Comes with a threaded end, and it's solid through, so can be used with any inner barrel. Also, a big improvement on the stock chamber, and feels great. I think it's just a wonderful thing to add to a Tanaka. Little pricey, but I love it for so many reasons.
                            sigpic

Comment

Would a Madbull Python barrel fit this kit ok ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Four Leaf Find out more about Four Leaf
                              Working...
                              X