Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB mags and gas behaviour

Hi,
    A few questions regarding GBB mags and gas. For the record I have a KWA glock 19, metal slide.

1 - When you fill a mag with gas then fire it straight away is it common for the seals to freeze causing all the gas be vented out of the mag/gun barrel after only a couple of shots?

2 - When firing from a mag (that has been left to warm to correct temp) does each shot (and each release of gas) cause the mag to cool slightly? So rapid firing will quickly lead to a cold feeling mag which can cause frozen seals and venting of gas?

3 - When filling with gas, for the average GBB pistol, how long does it take til the mag is full? How many full mags of ammo would a full mag of gas last for?

4 - Has anyone used the Kickass gun gas? Is this any good for GBBs with metal slides?

Re: GBB mags and gas behaviour

1) no
    2) they will get colder that is normal, but the seals shouldnt freeze and vent
    3) a few seconds, depending on gun, 1 to 2, though some guns in cold wether may not fire off a whole mag
    4)no, just use whatever green gas my site sells or propane, never noticed much difference
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

4.) yeh i use it on my TM 1911 which has a metal slide and hasnt given me any trouble
      TAE

Comment

Thanks for responses. The reason I ask is sometimes when outside is cooler (not cold) weather if I go mad and rapid fire a whole mag through my gun it can cause it to vent, the mags when I take them off are very cold to touch, so I thought maybe the seals just froze and didn't do their job, thus allowing gas to escape.

Comment

Even LPG heating tanks cool as the contents are used. I've seen a space heater pointed at a 47kg propane tank (about a meter away) as it was the only way to keep the tank warm enough to carry on working. [Worrying thing, that, the first time you see it!]

You have no way to keep your pistol mag warm once it's in the gun and firing, so cooling is inevitable.

As far as filling is concerned, whenever I fill a gas mag (pistol, GBBR or shotty) I always fill till there is no sound coming from the gas can. You can't over fill the mags as they will only take gas till the pressure equalises with the can that's filling them. If the valve is slightly sticky on the mag, it may take longer than you would expect to fill so it's best to be on the safe side, after all your not wasting any gas just because you hold it down on the valve for longer.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJC21 View Post
            Hi,
            A few questions regarding GBB mags and gas. For the record I have a KWA glock 19, metal slide.

1 - When you fill a mag with gas then fire it straight away is it common for the seals to freeze causing all the gas be vented out of the mag/gun barrel after only a couple of shots?

2 - When firing from a mag (that has been left to warm to correct temp) does each shot (and each release of gas) cause the mag to cool slightly? So rapid firing will quickly lead to a cold feeling mag which can cause frozen seals and venting of gas?

3 - When filling with gas, for the average GBB pistol, how long does it take til the mag is full? How many full mags of ammo would a full mag of gas last for?

4 - Has anyone used the Kickass gun gas? Is this any good for GBBs with metal slides?
            1) No this is not common, and shouldn't be happening you seals may need replacing if this is happening
            2) Yes each shot will cool the mag slightly however even if you fire as fast as you can it should not vent all the gas from the resivoir, again your seals may need replacing
            3) GBB mags fill with gas VERY quickly, the slight hissing sound is not relative to the mag filling with gas, I have found the mag is full of gas before you hear this sound. From one gas fill of green gas in the summer, I get about 3 lots of 24 shots, winter 1-2 lots of 24 shots, rapid fire in winter is not great but works just fine as long as you don't fire as fast as you can
            4) No idea however I use HFC green gas and it is extreamely good through my KJworks m9, works all through winter whatever the weather and gives me 340fps - 3-4fps per shot afterwards (on average)
            Hope that helps
            BB
            Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PeteJC21 Find out more about PeteJC21
            Working...
            X