Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Scar hammer problem

hey all,

My we scars hammer isn't retracting all the way, so when you pop a mag in the gun the hammer sits above the gas release button.

I've stripped the trigger mech down and can't see anything wrong, except that the hammer can go back about another 2mm, but at the moment is stopped by the little silver bit that goes up and down on the right hand side. I'm guessing it's supposed to be like that and something is supposed to tell the side bit to go down in order to reset the hammer behind the gas release. Only thing is that i can't see anything in the trigger mech that touches or would move this slide out the way so that the hammer can retract fully.

Any help would be really appreciated

Re: We Scar hammer problem

If I understand your description, the part that's holding the valve knocker forward, will be pushed down by the bolt as the gun cycles. Having said that, I've no idea what the insides of a WE mechanism look like, so I could be totally wrong.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Yeah, that sounds right. I just can't see any part of the mechanism that goes near it though. And the exploded diagram for the scar doesnt show the insides of the trgger mech.

If anyone with a scar could take a pic down into the trigger box just behind the hammer, it'd be really helpful

Comment

I'm so confused. The valve knocker in most gas operated airsoft guns, is held forward during the firing process. Then near the end of the slides/bolts travel, it'll interfere with a part that directly releases the valve knocker, thereby closing the mag valve. If the gun has been fired, the valve knocker will be sticking out, it's normal. When you cock the gun, does the part that's sticking out move back to where you think it should be?

You haven't yet described anything that sounds broken. In a TM GBB pistol, you can plonk the mag in, and the valve knocker will sit above the valve on the mag. You cock it, and the valve knocker retreats.

Does your gun show any symptoms of being broken?
        sigpic

Comment

Ah whoops, forgot an important bit then lol

When I cock the gun the valve knocker goes back, but not far enough to drop down onto the valve. It just stays above the valve release button. When I took it apart I worked out it can go back far enough to drop down, but only if the part on the side that i described earlier moves down. However somethings either broken or missing cos I can't see anything that would push this part out the way as the rifle is cocked

Comment

Well WE's website isn't of much use. Nothing at all under their parts and accessories section. However, it does look like RA-Tech make the part that seems to be broken, for $20. It's fairly easy to find on most Hong Kong shop websites. Z1 should be able to order them in for you as well, should you need it. It's called a firing pin locker. (I think)

It just sounds to me like the top has been knocked off by something, and has been lost.
            sigpic

Comment

Heh, was just about to post saying I'd just found the exact same item, but u beat me to it.

Was a couple of days ago that I stripped it, but I'm pretty sure that on that piece there should be 2 horizontal prongs, yet mine has 1 :/

Thanks for all the help, guess I'll be back after replacing it if it doesn't work.

Comment

Well, if it does work, this'll be a first for me. Helping someone fix a gun I've not even seen the internals of.
                sigpic

Comment

Seems to have fixed it, turns out the hammer just touches it enough to move it down by about half a mil, enough to get out the way. Cheers mate

Comment

hey ive now got the same problem how did you fix yours?
                    sigpic

Comment

Replace the firing pin locker.
                      sigpic

Comment

How much does that cost, do you know?
                        sigpic

Comment

If you'd have just read this thread in the first place, you'd have the answers to both these questions already, and more information about it too.
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mad-Larkin Gunman Airsoft marshal and airsoft collector. Find out more about Mad-Larkin
                          Working...
                          X