Mag seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mag seals

Where can I can get new mag seals (the bottom ones) for leaky mags (WE M9)??? Zero1 don't do them as I've looked on the site.........
    "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

From expireince you may be better just using instant gasket to reseal them, mag seals are like rocking horse poo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Mag seals

Thought as much but hoped there might be some out there. Loctite it is then!
      "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

Nope best bet is to remove the base plate

Wrap the oring slot about 10 times tight with ptfe plumbing tape then soak the oring in silicone spray then rebuild the mag as the ptfe will seal the mag and also the silicone spray on the oring will make it pressure tight

Comment

Or that...lol
          There are a few ways of doing the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a leaky mag on my KWA Glock 19. As suggested silicone spray and ptfe tape is a good one to seal it. Although the base plate on my mag was so ridiculously tight that having the tape on meant that I coudln't get the baseplate back on! Luckily dousing it in silicone spray/gun lube was enough to seal the leak!

Comment

I've found that the soaking in silicone oil last for a short period before the leaks are back... I think a more heavy duty way would be better - like silicone grease.

Comment

The simple solution is to Replace the seal with a new one.
                The seal is just a normal nitrile `o` ring. These can be found at most engineering supply shops or car parts shops or d.i.y stores.
                Simply remove the old seal ( I know it`s oblong now but it wasn`t originally , it has merely set into that shape with age.), try and manipulate it back into an `o ` shape then take it with you and get a close match from any of the above listed suppliers.
                simples.

Comment

bit of a hyjack but wats the best way to stop my we m4 mags leaking

Comment

excatly the same way mate, either of the methods discussed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ward8124 REME 94-02 Find out more about Ward8124
                    Working...
                    X