TM m9 bbs rolling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM m9 bbs rolling out

Hello, today i noticed my TM m9 has developed a small problem every so often after a few shots the following BB wont stay in the barrel and it will just roll out the front. also sometimes after the last bb has been fired the slide wont lock back.
    so anybody here have an idea to the cause of this ? and a way to fix it

Thanks
    sigpic

Re: TM m9 bbs rolling out

slide not locking back. Have you looked at the mag? on the side of it should be a spring loaded plastic lug. After the last shot is fired, this raises up high enough to engage the slide lock mechanism. does it operate freely and is it actually still there. They can sometimes break. Also check the actual slide locks lug is not broken too.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Both those things are still in place and not broken, it does lock when i manually pull the slide back.
      sigpic

Comment

the bb's rolling out could be a hop related problem however combined with the slide release problem it suggests that it is more of a mag problem than anything else
        BB
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Have you fiddled with the recoil spring?

Comment

BB rolling out could be hop related. I believe the TM has a fixed hop, check the barrel has the hop protuding into the barrel.

Also check the air nozzel BB loader, it may have snapped off, it is the piece that picks up the BB from the mag and loads it into the chamber.

Is the gun clean and lubricated? If not your lock back issue is easily rectified. if you are using 134A or it's cold you might also not have enough guts in the gun to push the slide back far enough to lock it back.

When the gun fires do you get a lot of gas bleed out? If you do then you may have mag seals that have hardened off and leak too much gas on firing preventing the slide going far enough back.

Comment

Originally posted by Just an Airsofter View Post
              BB rolling out could be hop related. I believe the TM has a fixed hop, check the barrel has the hop protuding into the barrel.

Also check the air nozzel BB loader, it may have snapped off, it is the piece that picks up the BB from the mag and loads it into the chamber.

Is the gun clean and lubricated? If not your lock back issue is easily rectified. if you are using 134A or it's cold you might also not have enough guts in the gun to push the slide back far enough to lock it back.

When the gun fires do you get a lot of gas bleed out? If you do then you may have mag seals that have hardened off and leak too much gas on firing preventing the slide going far enough back.
              the hop is still protuding, everything else looks unbroken/damaged.
              i cleaned and lubricated it the other day but i got this problem before , so that cant have caused it. i did notice a little bit of gas venting but no more than it has done since i got it, how would i check the mag to see if its leaking?
              sigpic

Comment

Fill it with gas and submerge it in a sink of water, if bubbles of gas keep surfacing its leaking.

Or if you don't want to trust submerging it. Fill it with gas and leave it outside over night, then fire off as many bb's as you can in the morning. Obviously if there are a reduced ammount it is leaking.

Actually if it is a bad leak, just fill it with gas and listen, just dont hold it near your nose...
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

The top of the mag has a seal on it that mates with the blast chamber, if the seal hardens off the seal can be poor and you lose gas as you fire, a loss of gas during the firing cycle will mean the slide doesn't go fully back. Even a small percentage change will make a difference.

I would suggest trying another mag in it other than the ones you have.

very difficult to diagnose if everything you have looked at is ok.

Comment

You say that you lubed the gun recently..... if you have overlubed the hop the bb`s can fall out.
                    Back the hop right off, so it doesn`t protrude into the barrel , then run your cleaning rod through the barrel and hop with a peice of tissue on it to soak up any excess lubricant, then re-set your hop and try it now.

Comment

Originally posted by flatrajectory View Post
                      You say that you lubed the gun recently..... if you have overlubed the hop the bb`s can fall out.
                      Back the hop right off, so it doesn`t protrude into the barrel , then run your cleaning rod through the barrel and hop with a peice of tissue on it to soak up any excess lubricant, then re-set your hop and try it now.
                      it has a fixed hop so i cant adjust it at all. i was sure i didnt get any spray in the barrel, only put some on the sliding parts and springs will give it a little clean tho.
                      Thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

i have checked my mag and it doesnt apear to leak in anyway. i am still stumped by this :\
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dumah Find out more about Dumah
                        Working...
                        X