2nd Gen Glock 18C Tokyo Marui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen Glock 18C Tokyo Marui

Hi - I have a 2nd Gen TM Glock 18c that is giving me a real headache, hoping someone here can help!

I purchased it from new and it worked fine as stock for a couple of years, more recently it has not fired or cycled consistently.

Basically the first 5-10 shots of a mag fail to fire full stop then after a few shots it starts to fire but doesn't fully cycle, eventually it fires semi auto.

So I :-
    • Fully fill the stock TM mag with gas and bbs
    • The first few shots fail to fire and I have to hand cock to clear the chamber
    • After a few shots the gun starts to fire but doesn't fully cycle and I have to hand cock the gun
    • After around 10 shots it then fires consistently on semi without the need to cock the gun

Extra info :-
    • I am using Nuprol 2.0 green gas
    • I have 2 mags both behave the same way
    • I have tested the 2 mags in another WE glock and they work 100% fine in that glock
    • After putting a full mag through the gun, if I immediately re-fill either mag with gas and ammo it will fire all the shots, even if I use a mag that hasn't been filled or fired recently
    • Then if I then leave the gun and the mag for 30 mins or so and fill both I see a repeat of the issue
    • I tried changing the hammer spring to a Gaurder advanced but that didn't fix it the gun behaved the same
    • I have stripped the gun and fully lubricated with silicone oil but no fix

Given the gun starts to fire fine after a number of shots I think the issue is with the gun and not the mags. It is like the gun needs to "warm up", not the mag because I can use a mag that hasn't been fired recently in the gun after I have fired a full mag with a different mag and the gun fires fine.

Any TM glock experts on here who might be able to steer me in the right direction to fix this please? Its driving me nuts!

Cheers

Gav

About the Author

Collapse

GC1976 Find out more about GC1976
Working...
X