Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maruzen M1100 shotgun "stovepiping"

hey all,

just wondering if anyone knows why this happens and/or any cures for it? Mine is stovepiping quite frequently, person I bought it off said its because the shells are old and buying new shells will solve it, however I dont wanna go buying new shells just to find out its something else, or theres a way to renew old shells. Plus I cant see why the shells being old would affect it.

Any ideas/tips from anyone whos got one of these beasts?

Re: Maruzen M1100 shotgun "stovepiping"

When I had one, and mine was doing the same, the shells had became loose from the metal parts and I simply squeezed them together. Solved it for a while....

Also, which gas are you using ? I found 134a too weak, green to powerful, but worked great on ultra!

Comment

The baseplates of the shells do wear significantly. As said above, just push it back into shape.

If you're running the stock ejector claw, and that's giving you issues, you may also want to swap that out for a small self tapping screw. Crude as it sounds, it's a very effective upgrade over the original ejector claw.
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Im using Abbey ultra gas at the moment, Ive been told that green makes it cycle too fast to eject properly!

Seems like on some of the shells the baseplate does look... curved? For lack of a better word, Im not quite sure how to describe it, some look nice and flat, the others look like the housing for the inner rubber tube has pushed out towards the back a little? Its hard to explain, so I did a crude doodle in MSPaint to try and show what I mean.

With regards to the ejector claw, as far as I know its totally stock. This is the first shell ejecting weapon Ive owned so I dont really know what Im looking at...

Comment

Hopefully the powers that be will allow this: Or we wont...
          Last edited by dope_on_a_rope; 8 October, 2010, 18:17.

Comment

thats a fantastic guide, thank you!

Will pick up a box of O-rings from halfrauds or Buy and Que tomorow and see if that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by amandla36 View Post
              Hopefully the powers that be will allow this: Or we wont...
              Kindly explain please.

Tiercel, I'd really recommend replacing the extractor. Pot metal for a high stress part isn't such good idea...

Comment

Having a brief re-read of the rules, aparantly were not even allowed to mention other airsoft forums now, incase they somehow lead us to other retailers or other airsoft sites other than Z1 and GZW/GZU, because of course as everyone knows THERE ARE NO OTHER RETAILERS OR GAME SITES IN THE UK. WE MUST ALL PLAY AT GZ AND PURCHASE FROM Z1.

Tiercel, I'd really recommend replacing the extractor. Pot metal for a high stress part isn't such good idea...
                I would, however I have no idea how to take it apart and I dont fancy fiddling with it... AEGs I can take apart and fiddle with no problem, but gas guns are a mystery to me... plus Im not even sure which bit the extractor is that needs replacing...
                Last edited by dope_on_a_rope; 9 October, 2010, 00:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                  Having a brief re-read of the rules, aparantly were not even allowed to mention other airsoft forums now, incase they somehow lead us to other retailers or other airsoft sites other than Z1 and GZW/GZU, because of course as everyone knows THERE ARE NO OTHER RETAILERS OR GAME SITES IN THE UK. WE MUST ALL PLAY AT GZ AND PURCHASE FROM Z1.
                  Not my rules. But I'm here to keep the peace. You want to take it up with someone, PM fatdog don't talk about it in a tech thread. Thanks.

And as for me removing it, and then asking me to elaborate. You knew it was a dodgy subject - linking, that's quite obviously eluded to in your post, yet you didn't bother to take the 20 seconds to check the rules.

If you want to discuss this further with me, send me a PM. We'll keep the rest of this thread for the technical help is was created for.

Thank you.
                  sigpic
                  Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                  I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Well I can happily report that with the addition of a £3 box of O rings from B&Q 19 of my 23 shells are working fine! I can live with that! :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                    Working...
                    X