Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA R27 drying up

Hey people,

I've been having this issue for a while but I'm wondering whether it's just mine, or if others are having this problem too.

So every 5 or 6 mags, using ultragas, the o-ring in the back of the slide dries up. It's an o-ring on the inside of a plastic moving part (where all the gas flows). Sorry, hard to describe but if you've been having this issue then you'll know where I mean. So the big problem with it drying up is that the slide cannot return fully due to the o-ring causing too much friction. Right now I'm having to re-lube the o-ring every 4-6 mags just so that the slide moves.

I can post pics if that will help. Wondering if it's a problem I can get ride of or if it's just because it's a relatively cheap gun?

Re: AA R27 drying up

What you using? Couple drops of silicone oil on the piston cup once every 20 or so mags is usually plenty.

Comment

O wrong might be out of place, or a bit may of chipped of, have you got any pictures?
      sigpic

Comment

I'm using precision lube, which is essentially the same as silicone oil but much cheaper (made for modellers). I'll see if I can upload any pics tonight. I've taken it all apart though and nothing seems to be out of place...

Comment

Wow, just stunning.

Welcome to AQ!
          Do surf around our sub forums for more information.

Comment

:-s eh?

I'll see if I can upload some pictures tonight

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
            Working...
            X