glock 17 gbb pistol mag filling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glock 17 gbb pistol mag filling problem

hi,i recieved my army armament glock 17 brand new about a week ago,its the 3rd generation model,i had never used it until yestere=day,and the second time i tried to fill the mag ,it wouldnt fill all the gas would just spray out from the filling point,as if something were blocking the gas canister nozzle,and i have to kepp filling the mag for around 10 secs,to get one shot out of it,i have never dropped it or caused damage to it to my memory,any ideas whats wrong,how it could have happend and how to fix it,also it would be a great help to see how a glock 17 mag works when filling it with gas and how it looks dissasembled,and any vids that could help me are appreciated

thanks

Re: glock 17 gbb pistol mag filling problem

This can be caused by a swollen or stuck (DRY) seal in the fill valve. Try squirting some silicone into the valve recess then gas it up .The gas should force the silicone into the valve.Alternately, depress the main valve stem in, keep it open and squirt silicone lube into the top of the mag ( in the square hole in the gas router rubber seal), let it run down into the bottom of the mag then try gassing it up.
    Also it may be that the tiny pinhole in the fill valve is blocked with debris. You will need to unscrew the fill valve from the mag and blow it through.
    hope this helps.

Comment

My guess is that you've lost the TINY rubber seal that sits in the valve.
      Look at the valve and you should see the valve pin in the centre that is depressed by the pressure of the gas and around that is a very very small rubber seal that seals against the nozzle and only allows the gas into the mag - not everywhere else.
      Had it happen on one of mine.
      Originally posted by mr lean 81
      painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

Originally posted by Secretsquirrel View Post
        My guess is that you've lost the TINY rubber seal that sits in the valve.
        Look at the valve and you should see the valve pin in the centre that is depressed by the pressure of the gas and around that is a very very small rubber seal that seals against the nozzle and only allows the gas into the mag - not everywhere else.
        Had it happen on one of mine.
        nope that rubber thing is still there,has anyone got any pick of how th mag should look and be assembled

Comment

Or the cold weather?

Those tiny rubber seals are not a vital part of the mag. It's called a silent fill valve. They don't put them on most guns. I personally wouldn't use one on any GBB I own. They are quiet, and save gas, but the mag doesn't fill as entirely as if you take the o ring off. The air is trapped inside and not allowed to escape.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Slide off the bottom plate, make sure the screw is done up tight

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
              Slide off the bottom plate, make sure the screw is done up tight
              yep,i did everything,but it still will not work,can i take of the o rings or something,i have taken out the valve ,an dissassembled it,what i now hav is the valve,with an o ring on,a spring,a long tube,the part that connect to the top valve part ,and the little needle like thing that the gas pushes down,that has an o ring on it in the middle,i do belive that there is a little hole under the that rubber ring,its mutch harder to sort out,as i dont now how the mag should have been assembled,or how it works when filling up

Comment

You can discard the `o` ring on top of the needle valve ( the one the gas can pushes down to fill the mag.), this is the silent fill seal and is not needed.You must leave the `o` ring that is halfway up the valve stem(that is the one that holds the gas in.)
                Check that the needle part is not blocked , if you put the gas can up against it and push down gas should flow out of the tiny hole halfway down near the `o` ring. If it doesn`t you can poke it clear with fusewire or something similar. Then reassemble and test.

Comment

Take the stem out keep all o ring on it, then fill some gas see if the gas goes through
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Merkage21 Find out more about Merkage21
                  Working...
                  X