What would happen if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen if...

... When firing a GBB pistol you physically stopped the slide from cycling? Would it simply mean more gas fires the bb so there is an fps increase?

Just wondering if anyone has tried it!

Re: What would happen if...

I should imagine that it wouldn't fire at all, and you'd break your pistol! The parts and firing mechanisms in a GBB are designed to work with the blowback action, so take it away and I would have thought you'd simply wreck your gun!
    My Trader Feedback (iTrader)

Comment

Wouldn't it simply divert all of the gas down the barrel as opposed to releasing some of that pressure into the blowback action? I don't know, just trying to work it out. I guess you'd probably bust a seal or two...

Comment

All the gas would vent down the barrel until the mag was empty as the blowback mech would not cock the hammer back, taking the pressure off the valve. But, as the mech meant to function with a 2 way flow (i.e. gas forward for the bb, and backwards for the blowback) so I would assume that there would be damage to the blowback unit.

Comment

Think of it this way, all you would be doing is stopping the shell of the gun moving but the internal blowback would still go and shred your internals.
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Believed I answered this one before. Still kinda surprised no one really understands the workings of a GBB pistol. I'll try and dig out my answer from last time, as it was really rather good.
            sigpic
            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65664

Was asked in general discussion for some reason. That thread took a little while to find.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

That's what I was thinking, the cylinder valve (floating or not) would block any 'extra gas' going down the barrel and then something would have to give. Piston lid, cylinder itself, mag gubbins, or as dope said, your hand.

Basically, don't do it.

Comment

Lol cheers, was wondering. I'll start reading that post now, Dope. Thanks all!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                  Working...
                  X