X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socom gear Novak nXt 1911 problem

hey all,

right, my novak nXt has developed a strange problem,

the feed nozzle (or whatever its called) seems to be jamming ocasionally when I fire, it doesnt return properly and looks like the loading nozzle is getting caught on the magazine bb lips or something like that... sometimes it locks back as if the mag is empty other times it just locks back about 3/4's of the way, either way pushing the slide release or racking the slide fixes it, its hard to describe so heres some photos that will hopefully make more sense

At first I thought it was just an issue with the blowback unit sticking or something, so I gave it a good lubing which hasnt helped... it also only happens when theres a mag in the gun, Ive tried different mags, no sucess.
    Any ideas?

Re: Socom gear Novak nXt 1911 problem

Also to add, I dont know whether its relevant to the problem at all, but this started happening after I attached a silencer to it, and started running it on propane. Whether thats a coincidence or not I dont know.

Comment

Take the silencer off, and point it downwards and fire it, then point it upwards and fire it. Get back to me.
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

ok, when I pointed it UP and fired, it jammed, this happened:

when I pointed it down, it fired fine.

Then when the mag was empty and the slide locked back, this happened:

You can see the mag is empty, the slide is locked fully back and held on the slide release catch, yet the... whats that bit called? Is stuck forwards.

Comment

Okay, I was expecting it to fire fine when pointing up, but not when pointed down. This is most interesting. I think you've just ruled out a barrel issue. Although I'm not sure of that. All you could have done really, is show me for sure that there was a barrel problem. Not showing that, doesn't mean there isn't a barrel problem. But I'll ignore it for now, as the chamber even jams when the barrel is not causing problems. I think...

I've not been inside one of these pistols. I assume they're like the WE and use an O-ring piston head rather than the cup style washers that come with the TM pistols. So, we can rule that out as causing lock ups as well. I think this same problem was happening with the MBK I was meant to fit to a TM 1911... I fitted it, and got it working fine. Only thing I modded was the barrel I think. So it might be worth checking out after all. You're getting all my workings out here. :P Sorry.

So yeah, make it jam again, if you can. And see if moving the barrel fixes it. Might take a clout, but if you hit the barrel from the front, without moving the slide, and it releases, you can be pretty confident the barrel is causing the slide to lock. If that's the case, you're in for a fun afternoon of precision file work.
          sigpic

Comment

As far as Im aware, and Im pretty sure, socom gear are WE just with different trades, so the internals should be identical to a WE 1911.

I will give wobbling the barrel a go, however I think the problem lies within the blowback unit or feed nozzel thing itself, as Ive just had the pistol apart to try and lube/clean it, and the blowback unit is now all jammed up. I have a bad feeling this may all be the result of the new type of lube I tried using which appears to have turned into some sort of dirt magnet and collected fine grit particles and gummed up the works.

Would you happen to have some sort of guide as to how to remove the blowback unit and take it apart so I can try giving it a damn good clean?

Comment

Ok, I tried what you said about knockingthe barrel to see if that released it, it just made the problem a whole lot worse, it completely jammed up. I had to manually prise the loading nozzle back out of the barrel to unjam it.

The jamming problem only happens when bb's are in the mag, you can see the loading nozzle is pushed upwards slightly when it tries to load a bb it sits ontop the bb rather than behind it, which seems to be causing the jam. Does that make sense?

Comment

It sound like the Piston Head is causing the blow-back unit to get caught on it. You can still take the slide off right? If so, remove the barrel/recoil spring and put the blow-back unit towards the front with your finger. If it catches on anything, like the piston head, that's the problem.

Comment

Could it be the spring for the blow-back chamber has binded itself? - only way to be sure is remove the chamber by the hex screw at the back and the top screw for the rear sight.

Comment

^ That seems very possible

Comment

Well, that'll be easier to fix than a barrel problem. Which looks very unlikely now. Sorry for misleading you there.
                      sigpic

Comment

so hex srew at the back and rear sight screw, undo them and the unit should come out? Will give that a go and get back to you!

And no worried dope, any help is better than no help and ruling out problems is good!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                        Working...
                        X