Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE 1911

Just a few issues with my WE 1911 MEU, nothing major just thought id ask

first off the hammer doesnt seem to go all the way down when i cock it and thats causing it to get in the way of the rear of the slide when it recoils, if im honest i dont trust myself taking the gun apart. Knowing my luck id take it apart to find no way of fixing it and then not being to put it back together. Its not important but it seems to stop the slide returning sometimes so its a pain in the arse.

Secondly the mags dont seem to have enough gas to fire off one full mag sometimes (maybe because of the cold) and if they do its not enough to bring the slide back enough to load another round so im firing and half the time nothing comes out.

One more thing, sometimes the bb's seem to just fall out of the barrel after a decent sounding shot, not sure why. sometimes they also seem to fire but not very far at all, just about 2 foot then drop rapidly.

Its only been recently this has been happening and i did give it a bit of a clean up last week maybe wiping away too much grease? also thought the cold might have something to do with it but any help you can give me please let me know, thanks all

Re: WE 1911

What gas are you using?

Bear in mind its a full metal pistol and its been bloody cold lately, anything less than green or propane really wont cut it and even theyll struggle!

Not sure about the hammer problem, Id suggest taking the slide off and giving everything a good clean again and add a couple of drops of silicon lube on the slide rails and some in the hammer mechanism to keep everything running smoothly.

As for the bb's, first port of call would be the hop unit, is it set properly? Is there a good air seal? Any signs of damage? Has any lube or anything gotten inside the hop rubber? ALl those things will affect the performnce significantly!

Comment

ive got a we 1911 and its brand new and its pants were its so cold and i also noticed bb's not going so far or just droping out of the end !

on green its doing 230 fps

some one told me use red i may try this but ive never heard of propane any info on this would be nice for both of us !

im not trying to high jack the thread just trying to share the we 1911 problems

i would defo take it apart and give it a good lube up and wipe away the excess lube first thing i did with mine it was dry as a bone

Hope you get it sorted mate keep us informed

lee

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

Yeah that maybe something to do with it, the hammer issue does my head in if im honest,ive taken the slide off and had a look inside but im not confident enough to take the rest of the frame apart lol.
        I use green gas but ive also heard of red gas too, if i find any info on it ill pass it along marve, ill give the solutions you gave me a go and post up what i find, thanks for the replies both

Comment

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a WE M1911 and it was working like a dream for the initial fart around. I then decided to field strip and lube the gun before continuing to fire with it. I wanted to avoid any further damage and complications.

However, upon reconstructing the gun, the slide has stopped locking back. The slide catch seems to be stiff when locking the slide manually (with mag inserted), but without the mag it locks with ease.

I have heard of slide issues with this gun, but i am wondering as I have only owned it a couple of days, if I should return the weapon and get a replacement.

Any ideas???

P.S I have been using red gas with this gun and find it works efficiently, able to smash through one and half mags in this -2 weather.
          G

There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't.

Comment

Is it the 1911a1 or the meu?

Comment

its the we m1911a1 i believe
              G

There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't.

Comment

Not sure about that one, with the meu the base plate on the mag sometimes comes loose so the spring is lower and when the follower is at the top it doesnt have enough push behind it to put the slide catch up if that makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Jdavies221 View Post
                  first off the hammer doesnt seem to go all the way down when i cock it and thats causing it to get in the way of the rear of the slide when it recoils
                  Does the hammer prevent the slide from recoiling at all or does it only cause the bottom of the slide to come into contact with it?

Comment

I have isolated my issue and been able to rectify it easily.

Bare in mind that my m1911 a1 is made by WE,

The slide lock had become ever so slightly bent outwards and thus caused the slide to not lock upon empty mag. It also added strain to the slide when a mag was inserted causing the slide to seize up every now and then.

I simply bent the slide lock back and it now works like a dream, a small error but I can't stress enough how easy the lock bent and how minimal the bend had to be to cause this issue.

Any m1911 owners may want to check this if they are sufferring similar frustrations.

Seriously the metal that it is made out of is really weak. I may even consider buying a stronger one for longer life.

Thanks guys
                    G

Comment

Originally posted by Marui_Man View Post
                      Does the hammer prevent the slide from recoiling at all or does it only cause the bottom of the slide to come into contact with it?
                      It does when I begin to run out of gas in the mag. But otherwise its just causing alot of friction and making it slightly jerky when it recoils.

Comment

i tryd mine this weekend running green gas and it still under powered im going to get some red gas and give it a try cant see it hurting a full metal pistol

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

I have the WE 1911 too, got it about a year ago but haven't used it as much recently as I was having these problems and simply replaced it with a Marui P226.

Mine has similar problems to the ones people have described on here - rarely (even in warmish weather) has enough oomph to throw back the slide, even on green gas. Even after a liberal coating of silicone I just get two or three rounds off before I end up firing blanks, as it were. I'm going to go to my local site, get them to have a look at it and then start using red gas with it.

I'll be sure to comment on this thread with the results and see if I can help anyone!
                          sigpic

Comment

Are any of you people using Zero One green gas by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Jdavies221 View Post
                              It does when I begin to run out of gas in the mag. But otherwise its just causing alot of friction and making it slightly jerky when it recoils.
                              Hmmm. My TM 1911's slide comes into contact with the hammer when recoiling, but not to the extent that it affects the recoil.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jdavies221 Find out more about Jdavies221
                              Working...
                              X