Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE M1911 Slide issues

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have recently purchased a WE M1911 and love the gun, it's awesome.

Fired a couple of mags out of it from the box and everything was fine.

Stripped the weapon down to lube it for protection and functionality, upon reconsruction, the slide will not lock back.

when the magazine is not in the weapon, the slide lock will move easily into the locking position, however when the mag is inserted, it becomes stiff and harder to engage.

The slide will not lock back automatically and will stick half way back in some instances.

This gun is only a few days old and I am wondering if i should return it, or is there an easy fix to this problem?

I understand that this can be an issue with these guns, but other forums are vague and solutions seem rough.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

G
    G

There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't.

Re: WE M1911 Slide issues

I had the same issue with mine. I had to return it and was then sent out a new one that worked

Comment

Thanks Hunter101,

Was the problem exactly the same? with the stiff slide lock when the mag is inserted?

Also after obtaining a replacement have you encountered any other issues that I should be aware of?

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

G
      G

There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't.

Comment

Exact same issue mate. The second one they sent out to me worked perfectly fine. They did say that they hadn't had a return for this issue before. But they could be saying that not to hamper their sales.

Comment

Thanks hunter,

I managed to correct the problem though without returning the gun. It's quite embarrassing really, are you ready for this... Here goes:

The slide lock was slightly bent outwards and therefore not engaging when the slide was back, this in turn put undue friction on the slide and hence made the slide stick and become more restricted when a mag was inserted. I literally was able to bend the slide lock back with my fingers and it works fine now.

So for future reference if it happens again then check the slide lock an bend it back.

The bend was so slight that it wasn't noticeable at first.

Now I can tell when I run out of ammo and not get completely owned in the field.

Thanks again dude
          G

Comment

I didn't actually take a look at the slide lock. I thought it may have been a sticky blowback chamber. Good find none the less. I know now to look out for it if i do endevour to buy another at some point.

Comment

Mine seems to fire off a couple of shots then the slide jams halfway back and I have to clear and re-cock it, where it does the same again. Anyone got any ideas how to remedy this, the slide lock looks to be functioning ok.

Comment

Not sure dude, sounds like a double feed jamming issue. It happens on mine occasionally in the cold weather. The abbey predator gas is not as effective as the regular green gas on colder days. (that's my experience from the two skirmishes I have used the weapon in. Could have a dodgy mag maybe?

Apart from that I'm unsure dude
                G

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gingerpunk2 Find out more about Gingerpunk2
                Working...
                X