how long can i....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long can i....

How long can i leave gas in my mag for. Would i be able to load it with gas and pack it away for a few days/weeks without it damaging the mag itself.

thanks

Re: how long can i....

personally id never leave gas in there only one squirt of maintanance gas after the gas is dry

leaving the gas in there will put put alot of pressure on the valves so id suggest only pack them / store them empty apart from maintanance gas

Comment

ok, thank you

Comment

I've had people 'gas' up mags before sending them to me to keep the seals good?

Wonder what the theory behind that is?
        Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

If you leave a bit of gas in the mags whilst storing them it keeps the seals shut tight, resulting in longer life and as a result, less leaks are developed.

Comment

i never leave mine full right up tho after gameday or weekender i strip them clean then then a fill up half a sec with maintinance gas then when want to use just fill with green gas

Comment

That's good. You don't want to be filling them full.

Comment

i only got ultra gas, should i be filling the mags with that half way?

Comment

As a rule I always leave some gas in my mags.

after being out of airsoft for a 6month period I found that mags which had gas in were working perfectly whilst ones left dry were leaking gas when filed (either slight hissing or just not filling)and needed lubing up etc etc

best to leave a lil bit in there just to keep seals under pressure :D
                  You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

yea just give it a little squirt of gas if its being stored for a long period

however if you wanted to gas up your mags the day before or something then no harm done
                    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Mirroring what people said above to an extent... Definitely some gas in mags during storage. The pressure keeps the rubber seals tight in place, so prevents damage from change in temperature or humidity. If you leave them unatended for a long time the rubber expands and contracts as it warms up and cools throughout the day, and eventually it drys out and cracks, causing it to leak when you next use it.
                      Conversely, a full magazine is somewhat excessive pressure. This puts strain on the materials involved, though is better than leaving it empty long term. If you have a full magazine, in my experience, it is safe to store for about a week for certain (TM). Much more can lead to problems further down the line.
                      For long term storage (several months or years even), I would reccomend putting a squirt of maintenence gas in rather than normal gas. The pressure and lubricant should help keep the seals fresh.
                      On the mention of empying mags.. Never do it by pressing the release valve all the way in. The gas coming out cools the rubber seals very rapidly, and can cause it to split. The more often you do it, the more likely it is to break. If you are carful, you can squeeze most release valves until they hiss. Holding it like this for a little while will reduce the pressure suitably.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

eyyaz pew pew Find out more about eyyaz
                      Working...
                      X