X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM 1911 plastic, winter usage and range

Hi all.

two things ill try n put simply

I STILL want to build the 1911 carbine i have spoke of a little while ago.

I plan to keep the 1911 stock plastic so here comes two questions!

1. Winter usage?? can anyone who actually has used the gun extensively in the winter tell me if it works or not, if its a case of hand warmers im down with that.

2. Whats the range like, ill be upgrading the barrel etc to meet with the carbine kits length so will be quite a few inches longer, about 9 inches.

Thanks

if not since it will be my primary ill just build some sort of DMR styled rifle

Re: TM 1911 plastic, winter usage and range

TM 1911s work fine in winter. The cycle speed is slightly less snappy, but they still work fine. Range is very slightly behind my CA M14, just drops before my 50 metre target. A TK Twist should help the gun a lot, or just a decent TB.

Comment

Stock range 40 odd meters?!

christ

cheers mate thats really helpful

so ill be looking at quite a beast with a 9 inch tight bore, 9ball gas mag routers, hop up etc

yey for pistol projects, lets see if it can beat my race pistol that nl scooby i think still has

Reason why i ask is because well obviously its going to be a primary so it will see winter usage but also I want a gun for GZ that can handle both short n long ranges, last week i saw my self sitting there watching a sniper take out some people in a watch tower, i wanted to join in but there was no point (he wasnt like 100 meters away or anything!)

so since your saying 50 odd meters STOCK, with the carbine kit in some optics i could get some pretty mean kills going on a rather funky looking platform, all with no hassle of gearboxes!
      Last edited by LtPurcy; 10 December, 2010, 22:34.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they don't do nineball gas routers for 1911 Purcy. There is an action or nineball lightweight piston. That will pucker up the crispness and return speed. Also if you use a buffer on the recoil spring that will do the trick too. But bare in mind using buffers will cause the slide not to lock back.

Comment

hunter i thought the gas routers were the same? maybe not oh well cheers pal

Comment

I thought they would be the same as the Hi-capa ones. Website says different, perhaps drop him an email, he'll know more than us of course.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LtPurcy Im awesome Find out more about LtPurcy
            Working...
            X