Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RATech Custom HK416.

Hello all.
    I bought a Custom RA Tech Co2 HK416 last year and had a ton of problem with it from the day it arived. RA Tech were great and sent me out all the parts to fix it as it arived well lets just say a tad broken! Anyhow they also sent me the new revised npas for free as well so thanks a load to them! Its all fitted and going well so far.

But i do have a couple of issues atm. so any advice on these would be great!

1) Im finding my bb's are splitting in half when fired.... lol not all but every now and then.

2) The bolt is not locking back even when the mag has the lock back set on. It seems there is a fair bit of ware on the pin that sticks up. Any ideas on how i can bodge it to work? (co2 mags)

3) I think its running too hot atm thus problem #1 bb splitting. I tested on the bottom of a coke can... well it went straight into the can and out of the top as well..... so yeah i dont have a clue how fast that is with 0.2's. Is the coke can test a good way to dial it in as i dont want to have to spend ages getting it all sorted when i go on site.

Anyhow thanks a load for reading. Any help welcome!
    RA Custom Co2 HK416 DMR Project

Re: RATech Custom HK416.

Use better quality ammo. Also .2's and GBB Rifles generally don't mix. They pretty much always overhop anything less than .25's. The bolt not locking back is a common issue. Not an awful lot can be done for the WE for this issue. Some places do sell replacement bolt stops and bolt catches. Might be worth a look at those. Also look for excess wear on the bolt assembly.

The coke can test is useless. With Co2 you could be running upto 600 fps. Best bet would be to due it while getting your gun chrono'd. Oh and remember to use loctite on the npas head. Otherwise it will come loose and screw up your rifle.

Comment

Agreed on the ammo, you need decent bb's or you will get them breaking.
      For the fps you need to wind the npas out.
      Put the npas tool in one end of the valve, then hold the body of the npas with tweesers or similar. You want to wind it out until the gaps at the end just about dissapear then that will be just over 300. (on my ones it is)
      As metioned before locktite it up or the valve will come apart and crush the npas.

Comment

Thanks. Will try the .25's and see how that goes. Yeah after the first mag i realised it needed locktite so thats allready done.
        Ahhh i had the npas the extreme other end! That explanes alot.
        RA Custom Co2 HK416 DMR Project

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nighthawk Find out more about Nighthawk
        Working...
        X