WE 1911 blowing out gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE 1911 blowing out gas

Hi all, I have a WE 1911 that upon firing discharges all the gas from the mag. This is not after a few shots, but on the first shot regardless of how many BBs are in the mag... My first thought is that the valve is sticking and venting all the gas? Though i'm new to gas guns and don't have any experience with them... Also, it doesn't even cycle, just blows all the gas out the barrel...
    arghhgghhh!!!- John Rambo

Re: WE 1911 blowing out gas

are you using it outdoors? could be the cold?
    Signature Removed

Comment

If it's a metal outer barrel, it'll be due to the cold.

Comment

Fill a mag full of gas , Use your body heat and heat the mag up for about 5 mins , Stick it in the gun and see if it cycles ,

Process of elimination , And We GBB pistols generally suck =/
        Hate.
        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
          Process of elimination , And We GBB pistols generally suck =/
          Such a mess of a sentence. I guess it's understandable though.

Wait! People are agreeing with me?

@Redneck: I'm going to over explain what's already been said.
          When the trigger is pulled on a GBB, this is what is meant to happen.
          1) The hammer is dropped forward, pushing the valve knocker into the valve
          2) The valve knocker is caught forward by a part in the hammer mechanism. You can see this part sticking out the top of the hammer mech when the slide is off. It's important.
          3) The open valve, releases gas into the blow back unit(BBU).
          4) The BBU valve starts in an open state, allowing all the gas to escape down the barrel. The pressure is supposedly kept up behind the BB holding the valve open, till the BB has left the barrel. The pressure is then released and the valve is forced closed by the pressure in the other end of the BBU.
          5) The slide recoils.
          6) The slide reaches a point in it's recoil, where it trips over the part that holds the valve knocker forward, and the valve open.
          7) The valve closes
          8) The momentum from the slide continues backwards, and cocks the hammer.
          9) The slide returns to battery.

So, when it's really cold, and the gas isn't expanding with all the force it should (see complex physics textbooks), the slide doesn't move with enough force to get to number 7 in this list. The valve never closes, and you poo out gas. This is what we believe is happening. Could be because of cold weather, poor gas, or overpowered return and hammer springs - needing more energy to move than the gas can provide.

Alternatively, there's a problem with the valve in your BBU. Lack of cut off, means that the slide will never get enough force put onto it to recoil properly, because the pressure is just going down the barrel. The slide wont move if this is the case. Not even a little. At least the theory says it shouldn't.

3rd option... No, that's basically it.

The problem with WE guns, are they come with strong springs, and a heavy slide. This takes a lot of power from the gas to move. Meaning it's slower, so the valve is open longer, and it's not cycling as reliably as a lighter, better tuned pistol. They really aren't designed for use in the British winter. They suck even in the British summer. You want a tropical climate to get the most out of these, and then you want higher FPS limits too, because they tend to lean the valve in the BBU towards providing more power to the BB than to the slide. Doesn't really help when you add the heavy slide and the big springs. Basically, they've gotten everything wrong. Seems to me they cloned the TM, without understanding the finer points of it's operation. That they charge the low price they do, is a reflection on the R&D costs, and it shows in the quality of their product.

So, when GiJohn2 says WE pistols suck, this is what he means. Although, he may not be too intimate with the finer points of their fail.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Thanks for the comprehensive answer! I should've mentioned this was indoor testing, however, after getting the mag warm and gassed I did get off three shots followed by an expulsion of gas, then the next couple of times I did the same I got no shots and just gas... So it's hard to say what that proved. Really i'm going to have to have a good look at the action as described above and see if anything needs tweaking, but that should be quite some help as i'm sure this isn't merely weather related... Cheers
            arghhgghhh!!!- John Rambo

Comment

sticky floating valve
              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                sticky floating valve
                Quiet your face!
                sigpic
                Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Push the pin out the bottom of the grip, push the 2nd pin out of that and pull out the hammer spring, cut 2-3-4 coils off the hammer spring (make sure its not too short to be held in place in the spring holder, then put back in the gun.

This makes the hammer spring weaker and thus makes the gun cycle better, also do this with the recoild spring, i have and my kimber warrior is the ocks of boll!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Redneck Find out more about Redneck
                  Working...
                  X