TM/KJW upgrade parts.. a few Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM/KJW upgrade parts.. a few Q's

Will do mate. I won't order it until the new year as I probably wouldn't get it until then anyway.

Comment

I have a 226 with increases hammer and recoil springs in, im thinking of removing them and selling/swapping for a stock set, i really dislike them as the gun doesnt cycle back far enough to lock, and only does when the mags been warmed up on a radiator.

I cut down the hammer and recoild springs in my WE Kimber warrior and now it cycles like a dream. IMO, Tight bore barrel, new hop rubber, job done. Hi flow mag is a maybe if your keeping the stock springs in.

All my opinion of course.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_boy85 View Post
        Hi flow mag is a maybe if your keeping the stock springs in.
        The way that's phrased, sounds like you think the increased hammer spring is opening the valve more than the stock one. This is not the case. That spring overcomes the initial resistance in the valve. The valve is then locked open for as long as it needs to be by the valve knocker. A stronger hammer spring allows you to use stronger gasses more reliably, but it wont make weaker gasses perform any better. In fact it'll make it worse as you've found, as you're adding resistance to the slides travel.
        Sorry if that's not what you mean, and you knew this already, but I don't feel I can be clear enough on this matter.

Don't drop in a stronger hammer spring, unless you have problems. The only problem I know of that's caused by a weak hammer spring, is light striking. This is when the first few shots of the mag won't cycle properly, because the valve knocker has opened the valve only a little and hasn't had the chance to lock in place. This generally goes away if you let a little bit of gas out the mag, as the pressure on the valve will drop and the valve knocker will get through it easier. If that's happening, then replace the hammer spring, happy days. But if not, leave it be, or even upgrade with a weaker spring if you're feeling adventurous. But that might cause light striking, and you may have to go back to the stock spring. The people who design their own systems (TM, WA and KSC) tend to have very good balance of spring power for the guns out of the box. WE I know tend to use overpowered springs. But they are designed for green gas and above, in summer when the pressure is higher. That's why they don't work at all well in winter or autumn in the UK.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Ps no I didnt think that lol, but I know what you mean.

I literally just swapped out my guarder recoil spring for a unknown one that is weaker but stronger than the standard tm one, cycles lovely now. Just has a guarder hammer spring and hi flow mag valve.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I've also been looking at a King Arms Air Seal Chamber... can anyone tell me what this is for and what effect is meant to have on performance? Presumably increased fps due to tighter air seal?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PeteJC21 Find out more about PeteJC21
            Working...
            X