STOP! Hammer time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOP! Hammer time.

My new TM mags are venting but more or less consistently after the fourth/fifth shot.

This happens whether I fire rapidly or wait a few moments between shots.

So, I tried the action without the slide on and it looks like the bar that strikes the release valve is creeping forward each time the trigger is pulled but isn't going back again (hence maybe holding the valve open?).

Does the spring look correctly positioned here? It's a bugger to photograph so I've drawn where the spring is situated on top of the bar in the inset pic...

Pistol is a TM P226 with uprated hammer spring and enhanced release valves.

[Image looking into magwell, facing rear]

I get this occasionally with my high flow valves on my hi capa.

But nothing has been fiddled with in that area, in my opinion it's just the hi flow mags letting out more gas under more pressure, and less gas under less pressure?

Comment

Re: STOP! Hammer time.

Not sure that's applicable here - that bar is creeping forward each trigger pull and not returning.

Comment

Ah ok. The picture isn't working for me so I thought I'd suggest an alternative!

Comment

Valves are Nineball Highflow, btw. Starting to see poor reviews...

Would going back to the stock TM valves improve anything or is something wrong with that hammer/bar thing?

Comment

Riiiight.....

This may be a massive coincidence but I've just replaced the all-singing, all-dancing, super-duper, carlos fandango, uber spesh Nine Ball Highflow valves with... stock TM ones and both mags I have just cycled through with ease and with no problems at all.

I looked at the NineBalls and they were idential to the TM - so why the hype (and expense)?

♥ TM :D :D

Comment

hmmm interesting,ive got several ksc/kwa glock mags,some have upgraded valves,of various makes,i dont know which one,coz they have been bought on seperate occasions,over a long period of time,but what i have noticed is that some mags vent when cold,but i never checked to see which ones,and whether i could change back to stock valves(which i still have)...i havent even considered that it could be a valve issue,until now that is..so ive got some investigating to do....
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The TM valves are brass - the NB ones are steel I think. Different expansion, however minimal, might be the issue here.

Comment

God, what's wrong with it now?...

I thought TMs were supposed to be reliable?

It's now double feeding. How can a pistol double-feed? tried it with two separate mags and still happens.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                  Working...
                  X