Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka M700 silencer advise

Hey all just a quick one ,

im receiving an m700 and im looking for a silencer adaptor as well as a maybe a silencer?

any ideas on the threads and dimensions ?

and potentially if any one could advise on what silencer too get ie not hollow but any makes or brands that are good.

regards and happy Christmas ,
    James
    sigpic

Re: Tanaka M700 silencer advise

depends which M700 you are getting mate. if the normal version then you can find a silencer adapter on some HK sites but if the AICS version then there is not one for sale, you will have to buy a normal one a mill down wide bit for it to fit the outer barrel.
    trader rating

Comment

I do believe it's not aics ( something something control system )?

It's police model.
      sigpic

Comment

if it is PCS then make sure they are aloud on your skirmish site before using as some owners get concerned as you can change the muzzle velocity quite freely. um no idea whether it will fit a police version or not but i assume so but don't hold me to that.

silencer wise just get a normal silencer and fill it with expanding foam but trust me on this if you need a silencer then there is something wrong with your TANAKA as they are as quiet as a broken clock.
        trader rating

Comment

It's not pcs.
          Not received yet - so wouldn't no.

Silencer for show to be honest .

Cheers for info I'm sure it will be ok

Have a good Christmas
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
            I do believe it's not aics ( something something control system )?
            just realised you were on about AICS it stands for Accuracy International Chassis System basically an L96 stock.
            trader rating

Comment

It's police model :-)
              sigpic

Comment

He was on about AICS Greg, because that's what you said in your first post.

I think Greg's getting a little confused. I'm going to post a response as if you'd only posted your first post, and hopefully clear something up.

There's a thread adaptor, which push fits into the front of any M700 replacing the stock end cap. I don't know if they're sold on any shops, I'd only seen one's that were made by a forum member before. I don't think they're available any more. Not to worry though, there's other options.

When I was using the stock barrel on my M40, I attached a large silencer, by wrapping 2 strips of electrical tape around the barrel. One right at the end, another about 4" back. Wrap them to the width of the inner wall of the silencer, and simply push it on. It's ugly when the silencer is off, but when it's on it held firm and got the job done. These guns are damn quiet with silencers. And if they can't hear you, they wont see you, and be able to insult your bodged on silencer.

I currently have a G&G heavy outer barrel set (tang type I think they call it), which comes with a 14mm thread. Also has a thread protector if you wanted it to look normal. It attaches in a much better way to the receiver as well. On top of that, it supports the barrel all the way down, and is nice and heavy. I think it's a great upgrade. I'd recommend it, if you can find one in stock. Kinda expensive though.

Back to the push in threaded end caps for a bit. If you have a PCS Tanaka, it's not a problem. This will still fit fine. If however, you've gone for the 2Roy/KingArms TM VSR type hop up chamber set, then the end caps wont hold the slightly shorter barrel. You could either get round this, by making a barrel spacer from electrical tape (like above), or changing to the G&G barrel instead.

I think that's everything...
                sigpic
                Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
                  He was on about AICS Greg, because that's what you said in your first post.

I think Greg's getting a little confused. I'm going to post a response as if you'd only posted your first post, and hopefully clear something up.
                  yeah sorry when i saw (something something control system) i assumed SW were on about PCS (power control system) which is an adjustable bolt. i did not know you were on about what AICS actaully stood for.
                  trader rating

Comment

There's a thread adaptor, which push fits into the front of any M700 replacing the stock end cap. I don't know if they're sold on any shops, I'd only seen one's that were made by a forum member before. I don't think they're available any more. Not to worry though, there's other options.
                    yeah there are at least 2 different makes and some HK sites still stock them. but the outer barrel on the AICS is slightly narrower than on normal M700s.
                    trader rating

Comment

Originally posted by GREG_BURTON View Post
                      yeah there are at least 2 different makes and some HK sites still stock them. but the outer barrel on the AICS is slightly narrower than on normal M700s.
                      Curious. I swapped an AICS over to the King Arms VSR hop system and the end cap fitted without a problem. The stock parts I still have look exactly the same as well, and both end caps fit exactly the same in my original M40 outer barrel.
                      Both were PCS models. If that makes any difference.
                      sigpic

Comment

Curious. I swapped an AICS over to the King Arms VSR hop system and the end cap fitted without a problem. The stock parts I still have look exactly the same as well, and both end caps fit exactly the same in my original M40 outer barrel.
                        Both were PCS models. If that makes any difference.
                        i can't imagine that PCS would make a difference but it could just be mine. as you get the tanaka long mags and they are extremely tempremental some slide in and out perfectly, and some you have to force out.
                        trader rating

Comment

well im glad i started a debate haha,

its an m700 tanaka police model, to clarify
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GREG_BURTON View Post
                            i can't imagine that PCS would make a difference but it could just be mine. as you get the tanaka long mags and they are extremely tempremental some slide in and out perfectly, and some you have to force out.
                            I had the same thing with the long mags. The 2 I had went with the AICS when I sold it because they just wouldn't fit in the M40. And I had to bend the magwell walls slightly out on the AICS to fit the mag in smoothly.

And yeah, it's a police model M700, so we're both pretty sure you wont have any problems with the threaded end caps. If you decide to go for that.
                            sigpic

Comment

The king arms pax kit end cap will work with the m40 and aics ,using a 554mm vsr barrel

The m700 uses a 629mm inner barrel so barrel spaces will be needed ,also g+g + king arms sell m700 endcaps that are threaded for silencer use

The m700 LTR uses a 515 mm inner barrel so the 554 sticks out the end of the barrel and the pax kit end cap doesnt fit so milling a m700 thread adaptor to fit is needed , this is the same with the aics if you want a silencer mill the adaptor ,or look for a g+g heavy barrel set + locking nut + g+g part 91 threaded (ps good look finding all these in one store in hk as there all but sold out ) but Den you might get lucky (ps not a spelling mistake )

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
                              Working...
                              X