Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Capa 5.1 mag release removal!

Hey guys,

Got a new lower frame for my Hi capa with the spring housing as well. But no mag release in it. Im assuming I can take the mag release out of the stock grip and just shove it in there? Also need to do this to take the trigger out it seems!

Anyone know how to get the mag release out?

Re: Hi Capa 5.1 mag release removal!

If its a HI capa, then there should be a small screw holding the mag release and spring in....no need to remove the trigger at all.

Comment

ok. I tried turning that but it doesnt seem to be going anywhere. Is there a knack to it? And I need to remove the trigger to put it in the new lower frame

Comment

scratch that. its not a screw its a pin, that has to go back and travel 45 degrees to come out!

Doh!

Also got some night sights, Sadly i ordered the wrong ones and theyre for a 4.3. How do you get the lower frame off the rear sight? Have removed the screw and the top sight is now free to flap around, but dont want to risk taking the blowback unit and nozzle etc out to change it over!

Comment

You have to remove the blowback unit bud, then the rearsight slides out to one side. To remove the blowback.. remove slide from frame .undo the one hex headed screw at the rear of the topslide ( it is where the firing pin would be on a r.s. pistol, i.e. where the hammer strikes the topslide), then just pull/wiggle the blowback unit out of the slide. If your slide is plastic you will have to slightly prise the sides of the slide apart at the same time as pulling up on the blowback unit. Be aware the nozzle return spring will pop out and may ping off into the distance,so do it inside a cardboard box for safety.
          There is sure to be a stripdown video on you tube if your not confident.

Comment

Yeah seen the videos of how to dismantle the top parts. So I know what ive got to do just not that keen on doing it just yet! Might leave it for now as I bought a 4.3 sight by accident so its gonna look a bit funny. Might just do the frame for now and then the sights later on!

Got it all back together now, rather happy that the whole safety springs/sears problem didnt have me stumped for too long thanks to teh internet!

Now to just get the safety arms back on! I took them off and the pin that locks the arms into position is out, so gotta shove a tiny spring pin down a whole and then get the safety arm on top of it! Proving fiddly!

Comment

For the sights mate, there is no worries on that one, it all comes out as one unit, it is really easy and nothing to worry about, as flattrajectory said, watch for the little spring on top of it, when it comes to putting the unit back in I suggest using a bit if cellotape along the top where the spring is to hold it in place, that will save a hold world of heart ache a cursing, it doesnt effect the pistol whatsoever and also stops the spring pinging off the next time you take it apart, I did it for the first time not so long back and it was easy to take out and put back in.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Cheers! Will give that a try. Just waiting for the new dytac sights to arrive as I bought the wrong ones the first time.

So far I actually prefer working on pistols than I do AEGS!

Comment

A lot less parts and strangely less fiddely, at least a GBB pistol you dont need 3 hands to rebuild it.:D
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

and the rest! :P

Comment

If you get stuck mate, fire me a PM and if Im about (Im working away through the weeks but have limited internet access) Ill try and help, but it is a really simple job.

Comment

Thanks. It seems that the blowback unit comes out when the screw at the rear is removed. I dont mind doing that so long as the whole thing then doesnt explode into parts in my hands like a gearbox does!

Will let you know if I have any troubles, if not, keep an eye out on the Hi Capa thread for the end result!

Comment

Yeah, the alan screw comes out the back and with a bit of force (not slide snapping force) and a small amount of splaying(plastic slide one) it should just drop out with a helping hand, it will all come out in one piece, just remember the spring in the top and the celotape trick, once you get that it will clip straight back in again, also pistons are easy as to change, one little screw and thats it once the gas engine has been removed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                          Working...
                          X