TM SIG P226 Mag issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM SIG P226 Mag issues

Right, my beloved P226 (well, not the gun specificly) has failed. What appears to be the problem is that the gas release button on the rear of the magazine seems to be stuck mostly in, so that whenever I put gas in the magazine it just leaks out the top, not retaining itself in the mag at all. I've tried poking the button from different angles to see if it's just a little bit stuck, but it seems royally jammed in there. I was just wondering if any of the fine people on Zero In could help me fix the bugger! cheers all.
    sigpic

Re: TM SIG P226 Mag issues

This is the flow valve bit? have you tried unscrewing it and taking it out, inspect it for damage, clean it, lubricate it and put it back in.

If it cant be fixed then you can easily buy replacement valves. You can buy cheapy hi-flow Element ones off the Bay of E for £4-5 (delivered), or you can buy more expensive ones. I don;t know what the difference in quality and performance is though.

Comment

Yes it is the flow valve. I haven't touched it, since my manual dexterity and workmanship is that of a retarded trout. I try and avoid situations such as these as much as possible haha. I think I'll get my local site to have a look when I'm there next week and see what they do, see if I can't pick up some knowledge. I'll mention your advice thank you very much
      sigpic

Comment

No problem I'm sure someone more experienced than me what have more advice though.

Someone at your site should hopefully have one of the valve keys that you can use to unscrew it and take it out too.

Comment

Had the same problem with my 226 mag, valve jammed and all the gas released. Did what pete said, pretty easy actually and only took 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ktimms69 View Post
            Had the same problem with my 226 mag, valve jammed and all the gas released. Did what pete said, pretty easy actually and only took 5 minutes.

How did you get the valve off, dod you have one of the special valve keys or can you use a screwdriver with the TM ones? My glock mag valve was a bit of a bitch to get off, have to be careful or I think they are easily damaged!

Comment

Just a screwdriver mate, the valve just pushes in and you can just unscrew it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJC21 View Post
                How did you get the valve off, dod you have one of the special valve keys or can you use a screwdriver with the TM ones? My glock mag valve was a bit of a bitch to get off, have to be careful or I think they are easily damaged!
                I did the same thing as well, I just used two small screwdrivers.
                To the OP: What this guy has said; I had this exact problem with my Glock mag and doing this fixed it.
                Others till I die

Comment

before you try taking the valves out get a can of silicone spray, press the valve all the way in and give the mag a 1 second spray down the gas route. then just keep pressing the valve release (like 20+ times) it should free up if not do the same again, 1 second spray then press the hell outta the release. sounds like just a stuck valve to me, happend on my 226 mags before and this sorted em out. way cheaper than replacing valves too
                  Originally posted by ste887
                  yes but multicam is the new black
                  and black is the new gay

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FullMetalAsh Astronomy, Airsoft, Guitar. Sorted. Find out more about FullMetalAsh
                  Working...
                  X