Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi capa rear sight.

Hi
    I have brought a new set of sights for my hi capa 4.3. The front one is easy but when i removed the screw to slide the back one out, it will not come out even when i give it a gentle tap.
    Any help would be great.

Cheers
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=4757

Re: Hi capa rear sight.

You have to removed the blowback unit first.

When the slide is off, look in the back of it, you will see a small allen key screw. Remove this, and then you will have to gently pry the slide open at the sides, and then push the unit out. When the blowback unit is out, you can then remove the rear sight.

I just fitted my 5.1 rear sight, and had to give it a real good push to get it in. So just beware its not going to just plop in.

Also, you may need to use a different screw to lock it onto the pistol. I found the screw in the top of my rear sight wasnt actually long enough to go through both parts of the sight, and then attach to the blowback unit. So I swapped them over.

Let me know if youre still stuck and Ill send you a pic or two!

Comment

Thanks. Some pics would be great. Just read your post on mag release on the hi capa.

Comment

just uploading them now for you. watch this space!

Comment

Ok here we go.

First remove the slide.

Look in the back of the slide. this is what you will see...

Remove the screw (arrow 1) until it is out.
          Beware that later on, when you put the blowback unit in, that the blowback unit (Arrow 2) may cause a bit of blocking on the slide when you take it off or put it back on. It hasnt caused any problems for me, but just makes it a bit harder to take the slide on and off.

Once thats off, have a look at the underside...

The green arrows point to the most stable and solid parts of the unit to push on to remove it. It will require a bit of force to come out. DONT push on the nozzle or loading system, as you want that to remain undamaged!
          The red arrows shows the best areas and which way to pry open the slide to remove the unit.

Have a look at the following picture first...

That little spring on the top of the blowback unit will come flying out when you remove the unit, so beware of things pinging out. You need that spring as its what keeps the loading nozzle sprung. My advice is when putting the blowback unit it, do it so that the slide is the right way up, rather than upside down. Just means the spring wont fall out of place as you try and drop the unit back in there.

Once the unit is out, you need to stick the sights on. This was tricky for me.

If you look at the first picture, the green arrow shows a little raised edge. This will sit on top of the spring in the previous picture when the gun is all back together. You want to place the side with this edge in the gun first, then push in the opposite side, in the direction in the picture. It will be very tight, and may require a lof of pushing. after a while I found that the sides of the space on the slide were too tight. So I took a flat screw driver to it, and scraped off the edges where it was catching. After that It went in quite happily. Youre not done yet though! Make sure the sight is on straight and in the middle.

Now you want to drop in the unit. Once thats in, take the screw from the old sights, and screw it in to the top of the new sights. If you go back to the picture of the blowback unit, you will see a screw hole. You are screwing in through the hole in the sight, and into the hole on the blowback unit.

the 4.3 screw may work just fine. the 5.1 sights required a longer screw, as they are significantly taller than the stock sights.

Here is a picture of the screw I replaced it with. A perfect fit. If you dont screw it in to the top of the blowback unit, it will just pop off sideways later on. A good test is to see how far the screw penetrates through the new sight, BEFORE you put it on the slide.

Comment

Thanks very much. I will try this at the weekend.

Comment

A little tip to keep the nozzle spring in place when rebuilding is a small piece of cellotape, when you put the spring in to the small slot put a small piece of cellotape over the top to hold the spring in, it means then it doesnt pop out as soon as you think you have it situated, also stops it from pinging off when you next strip it down. It doesnt effect the gun in the slightest, the only thing that gives it away as being there is you really knowing its there, My Hicapa has a piece of cellotape holding the spring in and it hasnt missed a beat.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice. Will let you know how i get on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bigglesuk11 Find out more about bigglesuk11
                Working...
                X