kwa m9 ptp barrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwa m9 ptp barrell

Hi guys i bought a kwa m9 ptp off of somebody on here a few weeks ago but when i got it there was all kinds wrong with it. I read about these guns before i decided to get one and read that they come with a polycarbonate outer barrel and that there are no metal aftermarket barrels that fit this particular model. The reason why im quite confused is because mine has a metal outer barrel fitted in it and i dont know if this will cause problems and why ive read you cant fit metal barrels to this gun? Any info or help would be great as im going to order the original polycarbonate barrel for it anyway. Ive put a few pictures of it in the beretta section in the pictures of your guns thread. I sanded all the paint off the barrell and buffed it to make it look a bit different. Cheers Rob

Re: kwa m9 ptp barrell

are you 100% certain it is a KWA PTP?
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

You sure it's a KWA?

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Comment

yeah 100% mate, its got all the marking on the slide etc kwa m9 ptp on one side and the professional training pistol on the other side. Ive put pics of it up in the gun pictures thread. Cheers Rob

Comment

thats just the slide...they can be swapped over...if you remove the slide and pull back the gas chamber you can reveal the piston,its a soft plastic cup....if its a KWA PTP it will be orange

Comment

Hi mate yeah ive just checked and its orange. This is what i cant figure out because everywhere ive read says you cant fit a metal outer barrel but mine has got one and it all fits together fine?

Comment

KSC System 7 barrel?

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
              A brain?
              Originally posted by snuff
              Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

check this out...its probably the best review of the pistol
                http://community.tradersairsoft.com/...ad.php?tid=351

Comment

Here a couple of pics i just taken 1 minute ago

Comment

Cheers for the link to that review mate, i think i read that one just before christmas just before i bought it. Everything in the review checks out like all the differences etc so im sure its a proper m9 ptp as everything matches up which is what makes me confused as to how ive got a metal barrell in mine that fits,lol

Comment

well you have a slilencer on yours....what the deal with that?
                      G&G make an outer barrel with silencer adaptor for the KSC M9...ksc and kwa can be compatable..ive swapped over my slide from my ksc system7 to my kwa ptp no problem and visa/versa

Comment

KSC even make a metal outer barrel with silencer for the M9

Comment

I bought a silencer adaptor and carefully drilled out the end of the barrell and tapped a thread into it to fit the silencer. Just wanted to see what it looked like really as i bought a carbon fiber silencer for a laugh. If the slides and barrels form a ksc m9 can easily be swapped over how comes everywhere ive read says there is no way you can get a metal barrel for the ptp. Surely if all these people know so much about this gun they would know you could just buy a ksc m9 barrel then? Im just trying to get my head around it at the moment as im looking to buy the original barrel for it and get rid of the metal one if it will cause problems etc

Comment

its a good point to make...but the slides and barrel from a system 7 can be swapped over with a PTP because they are for all tense and purposes the same gun....but i couldnt say for an old ksc m9 and a new kwa ptp...whether they could be swapped..but saying that i swapped the whole upper section not just the outer barrel...im going to go and check to make sure for myself

Comment

lol. you probably know a lot more about the gun than me mate which is why ive been wondering about this whole metal barrel thing as i was just going by what ive read and everywhere was saying you cant fit a metal barrel in a ptp so i wanted to investigate a bit. I read the older kwa m9 and the ptp are completely different though inside so you cant change over barrels and magazines etc as they wont work. I still think i might buy the original polycarbonate outer barrel and get rid of the metal one and ill just put my silencer adaptor on that instead

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kirbymeister025 Find out more about kirbymeister025
                              Working...
                              X