Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marui Glock trigger issue

Wonder if anyone could help:

I own a couple of Glocks and am getting to grips with dismantling them and general maintenance.

Last night I decided to have a go at swapping over a Guarder frame with an existing pistol - everything was simple enough. The gun cycles smoothly etc no problems.

However I am having some issues with the trigger mechanism- it doesnt always jump back into position for the next shot. No I imagine this could be for teh following reasons:

a) Stiction in the assembly so that the trigger isnt moving super freely and gets caught on something inside

b) A spring isnt set correctly or damaged and isnt forcing the trigger back into firing mode again

I doubt its the triger as I didnt really have the hammer assembly apart and all that seems fine anyway.

Ironically the other gun started to do it once I's swapped out the slide, but it isnt as bad.

Any ideas as it seems to be common to both Marui Glocks?

Re: Marui Glock trigger issue

You'll probably find you have bent the trigger bar, which is the flat black metal piece which runs along the side of the magwell between the trigger and the hammer unit.

It is very easy to do, and the excess friction against the frame causes the trigger not to return correctly. You can buy reinforced ones, but I'd not bother.

Have a look down into the weapon, if the trigger is touching the sides, then bend the bar slightly to correct it to allow easy movement.

Comment

Superb I'll inspect and see if this is the case. Thank you.

Comment

yay! Thank you - simple engineering at the end of the day.

Fixed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
        Working...
        X