Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Night Warrior trigger issue

A quick question (hopefully).

I don't know if this is a fault with the gun or a general issue with 1911 models, but when I pull the trigger it sometimes won't reset. For example if I let off a shot, the slide racks then I go to fire the next round and I just get a click and nothing happens (the hammer doesn't fall either). But then if I pull the trigger again it will then fire, then will do the same on the next shot. The only way round this that I have found is releasing the trigger completely after each shot and then slamming it back which isn't brilliant... I've also found that if I'm quick enough to get my finger off the trigger before the slide has finished racking it won't 'jam' -for lack of a better word- either.

I've compared it to my TM Hi-capa which doesn't have this problem and I can't work out what the fault is or if its just user error.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Cheers!

Re: TM Night Warrior trigger issue

My Night Warrior has the exact same problem.

The problem seems to be in the trigger it's self. If you swapped it with your Hi-Capa trigger It would be fine. My Detonics trigger and struts solve the problem. I'm working out how to fix the problem now.

Comment

Not a weapon I've worked on before, but I've found a lot of Glocks with the same issue.

Basically the trigger bar is bent by a fraction - which means the trigger (or associated part) touches the side of the frame causing friction.

When this happens, the trigger does not return the whole way forward, so the next shot won't work. You can solve this by letting go of the trigger very quickly between each shot. Or look to correct the bend in the trigger bar so it returned obstruction free!

Comment

It's not that Jag. I really can't work it out...

Comment

Ah at least I'm not the only one. Letting go of the trigger does help, but it's not great practice.

I could swap the triggers but then the 4.3 would be useless. Looks like if I can't find an easy fix it's a whole new trigger system. Not great on Tokyo Marui's part.. I would expect better.

Comment

I just bent the sear plate thingy (Metal cut-out that sits in the back strap) to the point where the trigger has a slightly harder pull, and it seems to work fine now :D

Comment

Where abouts do you find that then mate? Might be worth putting up a bit of a picture guide for fellow Night Warrior owners. Though I think I'd be tempted to just buy a new trigger than start bending bits and peices.

Comment

Buying a new trigger would solve this fine, but without buying anything:

This is found under the back strap on the back of the grip, behind the mainspring housing. The highlighted one just needs to be bent backwards a few mm.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

reb Find out more about reb
                Working...
                X