Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pistol using too much gas!

heya guys i have searched but cant find my problem

just got back from UA after dropping my pistol and mag after trying to use it again the trigger seemed to stop returning to its start position so would only fire once, i had to pull the trigger out again till it fired but i seemed to of fixed that now with a little lube now the main problem

after getting the mag home and trying to fire it, it would fire a few shots spit loads of gas each shot and drained completely i then found that the ejection valve? (the button bit) was also not returning after i kept mucking about with it it would come out but very slowly so obviously thought that was the problem its keeping the valve open too long each shot soooo i took the mag apart lubed the correct bits now its going in and out no problem BUT it still only fires about 14-15 shots max and its a 28 round mag the pistol in question is a tm desert warrior does anyone know what i should do? thanks allot guys sorry for the rant

Re: pistol using too much gas!

How many was it doing before?

Current temps, most GBB's will be lucky to do one mag per fill!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      How many was it doing before?

Current temps, most GBB's will be lucky to do one mag per fill!
      indoors?? =/ and i have a fire if that helps :D lit of course so its very warm in the house and it usually does 30 plus

cheers jaggy

Comment

How long you been in?

Might sound silly, but I've come in before and the pistol has been like a freezer still. Takes ages to warm up to room temp.

Comment

YES that was true but what im doing is now is warming it up to room temp and try again il let you know what my findings are

Comment

All ggb pistols have a metal frame that all the parts sit in ie; sear hammer safety sear you could have knocked that out of shape .. is the mag going in smooth like it did in the past is the slide moving freely are is there any resistance more than before you say the trigger wouldn't go back after a shot
            Just an idea...

pistol make / model ?

Comment

i did say dude its a tm desert warrior and ah damn dont say its a big job =/ everything seems in order though. all the bits operate fine and the mag slides in and out just fine so I HOPE theres nothing bigger under the surface to worry about

Comment

Sorry balbosa didn't see the make ...
                It could be a guess on my behalf. What part of the gun struck the ground first if it was the mag then that could have bent the plunger ...

Comment

noooo worry's man :D and god knows how i dropped the mag but new info has come to light warmed up the mag and gas and the same thing happened =/ really not a happy bunny, the weirder thing is that both mags are now cycling crap MAAAN IM ANNOOOYED!!

Comment

I find it hard trying to put in to words whats wrong with gbb if i had it i could solve the problem all most straight away been tinkering with them for years .But there really hard to work with being made of crappy metals. I think the plunger that strikes the back of the valve release is bent are jammed in some way that its not fully opening. There cant be anything wrong with both your mags bud..

Comment

yeah specially since i didn't even use one of them but great now i have bigger problems X@

Comment

I it is that then the parts should be easy to come by as its a new model tm and will be compatible with other tm 45's..

Comment

how the hell do i go about fixing the thing =/ im not good with pistols never had one OPEN open taken the slide of obviously and the barrel but not really opened up the bottom =/

it terrifies me =O

Comment

Well you really need to send it to a gbb geek "zero one / elite shooshting centre" for them to solve the problem and they can get the part for you

Comment

ah man from all the stories ive heard i dont trust it =/ i spose il have to though, im not going with cripps though he told me to piss off over the phone when i said i wasn't comfortable giving details over the phone so im not using him i spose zero one is the only option

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X