Problem with TM glock 17 mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with TM glock 17 mags

Bought this can of green gas from the mall and from the go it was dodgy, it would spill everywhere as soon as pressing down on any mag at all. even spilt everywhere when filling a gas cigerette lighter, i mean it would leak so much it was coming out part liquid :O
    got a new tm glock 17 off the forum here and had the same problem with the bottle of green gas, and i feel that the dodgy bottle of green gas has now buggered the new mags (which arrived full of gas with no leaks)
    bought a propane bottle and adapter, and filled the new mags and had the same leaking problems upon filling
    screwed the phillips head screws as tight as possible and and that stopped the leaking after the mags had been filled up but now they only hold enough propane for about 8 shots each
    my question is how do i sort this out?
    thanks
    ben
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Re: Problem with TM glock 17 mags

The mags don't come with a fill seal, so they leak when being filled, especially by anything with a metal nozzle.

Try making a seals. Cut 2-3mm of silicone wire, push out the metal, and place over the fill valve. Should create a nice seal, making sure the gas actually goes in - not everywhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      The mags don't come with a fill seal, so they leak when being filled, especially by anything with a metal nozzle.

Try making a seals. Cut 2-3mm of silicone wire, push out the metal, and place over the fill valve. Should create a nice seal, making sure the gas actually goes in - not everywhere else!
      thanks a lot, is there any chance i could take a fill seal out of a lighter and put it in?

Comment

Anything that fits should do the trick :D

Comment

sorry for the ignorance, but is this the area where the nozzle is pressed in? Just simply putting it in without taking the mag apart would work?

Comment

Yup, they hold themselves in place :D

Comment

cheers will let you know how i get on

Comment

update: took out the 2 filler seals out of my two refillable lighters and pushed them into place and they fit like a dream and fill with gas perfectly now! thanks a lot for the help! seems very odd to me why they dont come with filler seals hah!

Comment

Crazy isn't it! None of my 6 did either!

Comment

especially how simple it is too put them in hah!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

balaclava ben Lean, mean shooting machine Find out more about balaclava ben
                    Working...
                    X