M203 shells not holding gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M203 shells not holding gas

Made the mistake of forgetting to refil my grenade with gas, now it wont hold gas anymore. Whenever I try to fill it all the gas comes straight out of the bb holes. Ive given the seals a good drowning in silicone lube to revitalise the o-rings, no success there, so I cant figure what the problem is. Any ideas?

Re: M203 shells not holding gas

Are all the ball bearings there????
    Originally posted by murta369
    in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

check that the o-ring has not slipped on the bit with the ball bearings.

I have just fixed 2 of my Pro arms pom grenades with exactly the same problem as you are having.

if you need a pic let me know

Comment

Sorry to revive a long dead thread but I'm having the same problem. After soaking the rings in silicone oil and having no sucess with that what should I do?

Thanks

Comment

get new orings, im assuming that all the bearings are there? there shoudl be either 4 large ones or 8 small ones depending on which grenade you have, try stretching them by puting them on the outside of the valve, and then gently heating the under side of the valve with a small flame, or you can try wrapping teflon tape UNDER then orings, other than that there isnt much you can do.
          PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Hey there, I found out the problem with mine was actually the release mechanism not resetting properly! Had to give the underside of the grenade a solid thump to reset it and lit it all spring back into place. The bearings and seals were fine :/ Ive long since given up on M203's... as cool as they look, theyre just shite. More hassle than theyre worth!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
            Working...
            X