Glock 17 slide doesn't slide forward all the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 17 slide doesn't slide forward all the way

Like stated above, I have an HFC Glock 17 but when I fire it, the silde does go back but when returning it doesn't go forward all the way, like its stuck on something, anyone else had this and maybe know a solution?
    I have looked on the internet and some people had the same problem, wich was due to the inner barrel catching on the outer one, but mine is completely free and not catching on anything there...but it is catching somewhere else, just cant find it...
    If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Re: Glock 17 slide doesn't slide forward all the way

Strip it down, give it a good clean and lube, that should be the first port of call get rid of any muck, gunk and old gummy lube, see if that helps.

Comment

+1 to the above.

After that, if its still having trouble, look for any damage along the edges where the slide rubs the lower frame. A small chip in the lower frame could cause this problem!

Comment

Mate had this problem with a KWA USP Match, lubing the slide and especially the spring guide fixed it up.
        Others till I die

Comment

Cheers lads, will do the lube job first, then check the chip thing, will get back to you

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
          X