X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you overlube a gbb pistol?

????????

Re: can you overlube a gbb pistol?

Well the only thing I can think of is if theres way to much in the hop and barrel but thats it.

Comment

so unless i pour liquid silicon down the barrel its not really over lube'able?

Comment

Well im not an expert but I just tend to spray a light layer inside and put some silicone grease on the slide guides .

Comment

yeah ive never done anything crazy with it i just put it in all the well used places i just wondered today is it possible to over lube it =/

Comment

Apart from the obvious id say no.
            As silicone oil is used to rejuvinate mag seals it could have an adverse effect on the hop rubber if caked in oil.

Comment

yes you can over lube a GBB ,

get silicone grease for the slide rails, or file them down and polish with brasso, then use white lithium so they run freely,

too much lube can clog the bbs from loading properly and effect the feed lips of the mags due to the loading nozzle having the built up gunk on it and re passing the lip each shot, that will gunk up the loading neck in the mag etc,

then the dirty lube can build up in the Gas piston and clog the springs etc

so only use small ammounts of lube at any one time mate,
              but aslong as they are kept lubed and cleaned regularly, they will work fine

Comment

awesome as i thought thanks allot matey

Comment

no problem mate,

aslong as you remove the dirty lube before relubing it will be fine,

about 1-2 small squirts of silicone oil on the piston oring
                  one spray of lithium spray on each slide and guide rail ( 4 in total as two on top and two on bottom )

small one on the swob for barrel cleaning ( silicone spray )

silicone in the mag if not using green gas mix

Comment

Just my two cents, but I use the densest silicone oil/spray I can for the mags... Once I've brushed any dirt from the inside of the mags, I bathe or spray them in the densest stuff I've got for the best seal...

The actual gun itself, I use the lowest density oil I can get. I just don't think all that gunky, dense stuff can do the moving parts any good inside... Imagine all the dust and detritus it picks up on the way, giving the inside of your pistol some kind of toffee consistency...

Comment

unless your gun has its own puddles trees and grass suddenly growing inside of it then no you cant lol, its more of a where to put the oil..things like hop rubbers etc are to avoid unless they taken out easy n dried through.

grease well again its obvious, if you have small mountains of grease on parts of the gun then your doing it wrong, a smooth thin layer? good stuff

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                      Working...
                      X