X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you fix a leaking pistol mag ?

how do you fix a leaking pistol mag ?
    thanks

Re: how do you fix a leaking pistol mag ?

It it' leaking from the base, Get the rubber o-ring out, the give it a little stretch to make sure it's non brittle and flexible. I sometimes stretch it over a Glue stick ect., and leave for the night. I then cover it in silicon grease and stick it back in the gun. Put some gas in and it should stop leaking.

Comment

I fixed about 3 leaking mags by filling them with maintenance gas and leaving them for a while. Doesn't always work mind bur doesn't hurt to try
      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
      I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Most of the time it comes from the base at the fill valve ..heres what to do.

most of the time on a 1911 styled mag etc it will be that very large square o ring, check there is no splits etc

spray it up with silicon oil, also if you have it wrap the area where the o ring went with PFTE tape for extra security.

i just had to fix my m66 revolvers leaking fill valve..slightly more challenging but i fixed it!

Comment

Moved to tech
          sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=LtPurcy;638719]Most of the time it comes from the base at the fill valve ..heres what to do.

most of the time on a 1911 styled mag etc it will be that very large square o ring, check there is no splits etc

spray it up with silicon oil, also if you have it wrap the area where the o ring went with PFTE tape for extra security.
            QUOTE]

This..^^^

this week i have fixed 3 TM five-seven mags and 3 40mm grenade shells

Edit.I failed at quoting (again)

Comment

Mine is leaking from the opposite end, so I'd be very appreciative of some helpful input.
              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Defo use PTFE tape, fixed all mine with it. But my problem was with the tape on it wouldn't seat the base plate in properly and I was nausing up the little holes to put the pins in. Then one time late at night I decided to go down to my shed and use the vice to seat the plate properly, and it worked! Although I did snap the inlet valve in half on a sepereate occasions, and they're not easy to source in the UK.
                The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                  Mine is leaking from the opposite end, so I'd be very appreciative of some helpful input.
                  from the release valve? offt thats a much harder fix..

take the valve out and the gas router out and have a look at em both mate

Comment

On TM mags in particular, always remember that it's often a case of just tightening the screw on the base!

A quality plumber's silicone grease can help O-rings if you do have them out, as it causes them to swell slightly.

Also, do store your mags with some gas in (not just plain propane with no silicone).

Comment

I have a socomgear MEU where one of the mags is leaking ever so slightly from the base (fill valve).
                      Following the advice above about stretching and coating the o-ring sounds like it will fix it, but before I go about it, does anyone have a procedure on how to strip the base of the mag off?

Ta

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                        Get your hands o the appropriate valve key and strip out the valve. On most valves, the centre is held by a small c-clip so remove that and pop it to the side. Now remove the centre core plus spring and put them safely to the side.

There are a number of small o-rings around the valve and these all need removed, cleaned, stretched and regreased. Do the latter carefully as you don't want to break any (try some fine pliers. Pop the o-ring over them and open it a small way carefully). Also remember there's an o-ring around the centre core too! A useful idea is to go onto eeeebee and get some dentist pics. There are a number that are great for removing o-rings.

Once done, put a little silicone grease onto each surface the o-rings sit on. Refit each ring and put a little grease on each seal. Rebuild the core, fit the c-clip and refit the valve. All should now be well.

Be aware some valves have a separate spring that sits in the bottom of the valve hole in the mag instead of in the centre of the valve and others (KSC/KWA) have no circlip as the core is press fitted onto the valve strike face (and therefore can't be stripped safely in most cases).

Hope some of this is of use.

Comment

Can someone recommend a good lube to use for O ring maintenance?
                          Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

airsofter_uk Find out more about airsofter_uk
                          Working...
                          X