Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry mag slide-lock probs

Hello chaps and chapettes.

Basically, when I come to the final round when firing through a mag on the old TM Desert Eagle, there are some occasions where the slide doesn't lock back and continues to dry-fire.
    Looked through the forum and couldn't see any similar threads for the TM DE.

Couple of questions:
    1) How does the mechanism know when to lock back after the last round?
    2) What's going wrong occasionally that prevents this happening?
    3) Is there anything I can do about it?

Cheers.

Re: Dry mag slide-lock probs

Have you checked the slide release catch for wear? Quite often, if the plastic on the back corner of the slide release wears down, then it doesn't 'catch' on the slide and the momentum of the slide coming back coupled with the worn smooth corner means the slide can sometimes just run over it and not lock back.
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

The mag when empty has a little lug on the plastic bit that pushes the bbs up, this in turn pushes the slide lock up on the last shot.

Sometimes the mags spring can become slack and not have the force to push the slide catch up, this in turn causes the slide to continue to work. You can try giving the spring a stretch out but takeing the mag apart, not hard at all.

Other thing can be the catch part of the slide has worn to an angle instead of being a right angle and just isnt catching, file will sort thing out though!

Lastly the mag could be so cold it doesnt work the slide enough to engage the slide lock, but on a tm desert eagle this is very rare!

Hope this helps dude

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Very helpful lads, thanks a lot. I'll have a fiddle with them when I get a second. (Ey?)

Cheers again, all the best.

Comment

Most guns will do this as the mag chills out in the cold weather. Make sure the slide is well (but sparingly and appropriately) lubed, so the gun is running smoothly, to give you the best chance of properly emptying a mag with a lock-back.

Desert Eagle mags are big, but that's a heavy old slide...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Moses Find out more about Moses
          Working...
          X