Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TM Glock - Can't Seem To Do More Than A Few Shots?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Glock - Can't Seem To Do More Than A Few Shots?!

Wondered if anybody would be able to shed some light on this. I've had a couple of problems with the weapon in the cold on Ultra, which I just assumed was a combination of them.

I'm looking to sell this, so thought I'd give it a test in the warm house. I'm a little confused, as I give the mag a good full shot of gas. Then can only get a few shots off before it is empty. No venting or leaking, I just can't figure where the hell this gas is going?

Problem seems to persist on all the mags, and I've completely disassembled and reassembled it now. Nothing is physically broken, and all the gunk/grit has been removed.

Hopefully the video should give an idea of what is happening...

http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/q...=VIDEO0004.mp4

Any ideas would help!?

Re: TM Glock - Can't Seem To Do More Than A Few Shots?!

Warm up the mags?

Comment

Oh dear.

This looks exactly like the problem I had with my KSC Cougar. Try removing the blow back unit from the slide, strip it down and give it a good clean/re lube, see if that helps.

On my cougar it turned out the inner nozzle on the BBU had dried out and was causing it to stick, sadly I didnt catch it in time and it buggered the inner cylinder, hopefully if your glock is having the same problem its not too late!

Comment

Luckily if the BlowBack chamber is the problem, new ones are easy to get.

Comment

Try a new can of gas...

Comment

i had a similar problem with mine, the trigger bar (i think) was bent

i bought a re inforced one from a warrior shop

Comment

i had a sim problem with a we 1911 turned out it was the hammer spring was weak
              Originally posted by jonfox94
              will it be possible for me to buy this if i 2 tone it upon delivery ? i will also pay any postage fees

Comment

Sounds like could be anything then, lol.

Comment

It's not firing full auto, so that rules out the slide not cycling back enough to load the next round. (if it's a weak hammer spring however, this comment is void)

Potentially it could be a weak hammer spring. Therefore the hammer could be resting on the valve slightly causing it to lose gas. Also this would make the blowback crap as not enough gas is being released.

Comment

Does any of this explain where the gas is going, as I say no venting. So it must be throwing a lot down the barrel?

Comment

It will usually only vent if the spring is too strong, or the slide doesn't cycle thus not resetting the hammer properly. A weak hammer spring won't cause it to vent vigorously but will cause it to leak out the gas. The slide won't cycle properly with a weak hammer spring. But as the spring is weak it won't have enough pressure to shoot the gas into your facial region.

I'd advise another full strip down and check the hammer spring. If it's easy to compress then that's likely the culprit

Comment

The hammer spring won't be the issue if the gas is disappearing. If it was light striking, it would struggle to slide and prolly have a low fps.

I would check the floating valve in the nozzle, if it's wasting gas down the barrel then the valve is taking it's time to close. The exploded diagram shows how it should be assembled, check none of the parts are damaged.

I bought a replacement one by ENERGY and it seems to fire a lot better (:

Edit: The video looks like a hammer spring issue :3 reminds me of my heavy hammer spring in cold weather.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                        Working...
                        X