Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas grenade care & storage

Hey guys,

I'm new to 'nades and such... I've got a few coming this week and I'd like to know the best way to do the following...

Storage
    Maintainence
    Preventing leaks
    Cleaning etc...

I'm not new to gas items, keeping gas mags partially full to keep the seals in shape and leak free. But 'nades are completely new to me.

Cheers
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Gas grenade care & storage

I'm going to second this. Already got a dead one, and it hasn't even been used in anger yet >.>

Got it apart without losing anything, saw the internals and just went 'nope', sealed it up again.
    Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

Storage:Keep them anywere preferebly were there not too warm and not freezing.

Maintainence: Take the fill valve out once in a while and put a small amount of silicone grease on to the small oring on the screw thread, and grease the oring located on the internal core of the grenade, These steps will prevent leaks aswell. If not replace the orings and all should be good. Also some people very occationaly add a small amount of silicone oil to the small hop rubbers inside the BB tubes to keep them soft rather than them becoming hard and brittle.

Cleaning etc: They don't need apart from re-lubing once in a while, Just if your going to use Eg 0.12's in them make sure they have no mold lines on them as they can rip the small hopers.

That's pretty much every thing coverd.
      Nobody asked to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.

Comment

I will do a small picture guide on how to strip one down and maintain it.

Tbh its a piece of pie

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

helpimonfire I like cars and guns. And wimmins. And expensive hobbies. I suppose it all goes hand in hand there.. Find out more about helpimonfire
        Working...
        X